JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They don't want our guys to ''offend'' the enemy. The Marines were passed down orders NOT to fart around afghanistan solders because it ''offended '' them, but its ok if if the afghanies rape little boys in their country. Screw that, i'd eat nothing but beans just because.

They are just lucky that I didn't have the option to serve.

I can't like this enough! Epic

God isn't so bad, he has a lot of cool rules, they just won't fit on a darn scope! As they said in Blazing Saddles, "I like Rape". God says it is ok, so why not? As long as you are the winner you get to do just about anything you want. Damn fair I say! Filthy brown people and their book - awful! - ours is all about spreading the love.

The last quote would fit on the Trijicon, I am sure of it. I am calling Bye Engraving tomorrow.

"When you go out to war against your enemies and the LORD, your God, delivers them into your hand, so that you take captives, if you see a comely woman among the captives and become so enamored of her that you wish to have her as wife, you may take her home to your house. But before she may live there, she must shave her head and pare her nails and lay aside her captive's garb. After she has mourned her father and mother for a full month, you may have relations with her, and you shall be her husband and she shall be your wife. However, if later on you lose your liking for her, you shall give her her freedom, if she wishes it; but you shall not sell her or enslave her, since she was married to you under compulsion."

(Deuteronomy 21:10-14 NAB)

"Now kill all the boys and all the women who have slept with a man. Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves."

(Numbers 31:7-18 NLT)

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

(Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

I believe Conan did have a couple Bible verses on his sword as he went out into battle. He scored a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
King James Version (KJV)

Psalm 31

1. In thee, O Lord, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness.

2. Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defense to save me.

3. For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.

King James Version (KJV)

Job 13:15

15. Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him.

"In God We Trust" on our money but not on our scopes darn it!!!!!!

BTW, the same people getting butthurt about the markings on the ACOG, etc. are also butthurt about the mention of God on our currency, among many other instances

To clarify, the demand wasn't from coming from troops in the field. It was from outside activists:

From wiki:

" On 18 January 2010, ABC News reported Trijicon was placing references to verses in the Bible in the serial numbers of sights sold to the U.S. Military.[1] The ABC News story was initiated by Mikey Weinstein and the Military Religious Freedom Foundation,...

... End of practice for government contracts

On 22 January 2010, Trijicon announced it would stop the practice of engraving Biblical references on products sold to the government. It also offered to provide modification kits for the purpose of removing such engravings on sights already produced and sold to the military. In a statement, the company said it was both "prudent and appropriate" to remove the engravings.[10] Trijicon's consumer products are still engraved with Biblical references in accordance with company tradition. [11]
[edit]Inscriptions

Equipment Inscription Verse Text Reference
ACOG ACOG4X32JN8:12 John 8:12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life". [1][12][13]

Reflex II REFLEX1X242COR4:6 2 Corinthians 4:6 For it is the God who said, 'Let your light shine out of darkness' who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in Jesus Christ. [1][12][13]

RMR RM01 2PE1:19 2 Peter 1:19 And so we have the prophetic word confirmed, which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts. [12][13]

Trijicon TA11F ACOG3.5X35MT5:16 Matthew 5:16 In the same way, let your light so shine before other, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven. [6][13]

AccuPoint RXnn REV21:23 Revelation 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. [6]

MCOG MS07 1Th5:5 1 Thessalonians 5:5 You are all sons of the light and sons of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness. [6][14]

RX 30 TX42 IS60:1 Isaiah 60:1 Arise! Shine! For your light arrives! The splendor of the Lord shines on you! [6][15]

ACOG ACOG6X48PSA27:1 Psalms 27:1 The Lord is my light and my salvation/whom shall I fear?/The Lord is the stronghold of my life/of whom shall I be afraid? [16]
... "

To clarify, the demand wasn't from coming from troops in the field. It was from outside activists:

I think it's worth saying, that troops in the field (supposedly) are doing this for the American people.

So, it's quite a legitimate request from outside activists that this reference is removed.

I had troopers specifically ask for the new scopes. Many guys, once they've seen combat, dont want anything to do with religion on their instrument of death. It's a different mentality, but a very prevalent one these days.

I had troopers specifically ask for the new scopes. Many guys, once they've seen combat, dont want anything to do with religion on their instrument of death. It's a different mentality, but a very prevalent one these days.

I still don't get it (and perhaps I never will). Does some letters and numbers on the side make the implement any less efficient? How can that possibly be a justification? I mean...don't like it, don't read it or buy into it.

It's about more than just offending the enemy. Any sort of biblical reference found on a soldier's person by the religious radicals that make up the bulk of their fighting force could mean life or death. U.S. soldiers should not be forced to use equipment that shows preference toward any one religion, as per the first amendment.

I still don't get it (and perhaps I never will). Does some letters and numbers on the side make the implement any less efficient? How can that possibly be a justification? I mean...don't like it, don't read it or buy into it.

Guys get weird downrange. Think sports guys that wear the same socks, unwashed, for good luck, all season. Superstition is a big thing. If they think the markings will jinx them, they don't want it. On the other hand, some guys really wanted it. And others couldn't have cared less.

It's about more than just offending the enemy. Any sort of biblical reference found on a soldier's person by the religious radicals that make up the bulk of their fighting force could mean life or death. U.S. soldiers should not be forced to use equipment that shows preference toward any one religion, as per the first amendment.

That is also part of it as well, though, I don't think I ever heard that voiced as much.

Soldiers are forced to do all types of stuff but we sure don't want them having a scope on their (actually the militarizes) riffle that has a little bitty reference of scripture. I bet the majority doesn't care.

It is the new political correct thing to not disrespect the Muslims. :s0123: But it gets easier every year to disrespect the Christians and wipe out their right to post, say and observe Christan things. :s0081: O'yeah, that's totally fair.

oooooo....we are getting close to actually discussing religion on this forum. Where's to toad that came in last time and cried like a 12yr/old girl when someone mentioned his faith...telling us all about "rule #whateverthefreak"

Perhaps it's only okay when Burt makes disparaging santa comments.....;)

realistically its long tradition to have scripture and other quotations on weapons since antiquities. i dont see why anyone would make a stick about what is on the rifles today unless it was specifically contradicting to the beliefs of the individual holding it.

you would think that the soldiers holding them would be given the option on an individual basis. not personally a religious person in the sense but it wouldnt matter one way or the other to me.

King James Version (KJV)

Psalm 31

1. In thee, O Lord, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness.

2. Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defense to save me.

3. For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.

King James Version (KJV)

Job 13:15

15. Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him.

I have no problem with Yahweh's rules and I never will apologize for them. I look not to man's "wisdom" but to His love for His chosen servants

If there's any ''trooper'' who's offended or wants to get ride of said, Trijicon because of a Bible verse on it, please ship it my way. I am in NO way offended . And, would REALLY like to have one of the above Bible verse marked devices.

I think the deal in this particular case is the folks at Fort Wainwright were on the "maybe next year wait list" somebody had to clean up their budget so they would be ready for sequestering and could moan along with the rest. So a short fuse order went in and they had these in stock and off they went. They got issued, someone with sand in his boots casually mentioned that they made them remove the reference when he was wherever and panic flooded uphill

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top