JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't care much for the P90, but I'd like the idea of them having something that can reach a bit further so the soldiers with em don't get caught with their pants down, so to speak.

They used the P90 in the TV series "Stargate SG-1". Is the FN-P90 more effect than the HK MP-5?

The idea behind the solicitation is to arm non-combat arms types with a close range defensive weapon. The soldiers fielding these will not likely have to engage beyond 50 meters, if they did then a standard M4 would be appropriate. They want a gun bigger than a pistol, smaller then the m4, that utilizes the same round as the sidearms since they already have a big supply of ammo to draw from. An MP5 with collapsible stock would work, but I have a feeling they want the Sig MPX and this is a pony show. Like the P320. If they had an MPX that used 320 mags, that would be good. Keep a 25 or 30 round mag in the gun, but use sidearm reloads if the soldier already packs an M17.

Units that fielded the ice pick rounds are ditching them because it takes the better part of a mag to bring one badguy down.

If defeating armor is a big concern then the M4 with current ammo suffices and the admin monkies can live with wearing a micro chest rig with 2 spare mags and an IFAK, while having to keep their rifle close by. Or just give them M17s and wish them well.

Not nearly tacti-cool enough, but Loren Cook's "Light Rifle" was certainly elementary and low cost.

Screen Shot 2018-05-14 at 12.26.19 AM.png

Back in my day, we ran the HK MP-10 10mm and we absolutely loved them, good range and barrier penetration, while having serious stopping power for close in conditions, especially door kicking! We also ran the P-90s for a short time, and while the weapon was perfect, the ammo left a little behind besides penetration of personal armor, and the range really dropped off past 120 meters or so, otherwise it was a awesome weapon! 9mm has never had very good stopping power with Ball ammo, so unless they address those issues, it' not a smart move!
I wojld really like to see a big bore mid range carbine, something like .45 Colt Rifle spec ammo, or even hotter with those nice and heavy bullets cooking along around 2200 fps! That makes me smile!

It should be a 9mm grease gun but they'll pick some HK at $2000 a piece. That's how we roll any more.
I am going to guess you never had a "Grease Gun" I did not have a M3, but did have what came to be called the M1 (Organ Crank) I had ten very heavy magazines (It was 45) The magazines were very problematic. I could never get through a full magazine without a malfunction. It was fun with the slow rate of fire, but it was not dependable.

I'm wondering about the 224 Valkyrie, easily converted on an AR platform accurate to 1300 yards. I really like the 7.62x25 but I think the Valkyrie is a more well rounded choice

Army has picked their 10 guns to evaluate...all 9mm as was requested.

Colt Modular 9mm
Beretta PMX
CMMG Ultra PDW
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 A1
MARS-L9
PTR 9CS
Quarter Circle 10 LLC 5.5 CLT and 5.5 QV5
SIG SAUER MPX
B&T MP9
Zenith Z-5RS, Z-5P and Z-5K

Missing in action.......Hecker and Koch

US Army To Evaluate 10 Subguns for Sub Compact Weapon Program - The Firearm Blog

Wait, they are testing Zenith HK clones, but not current actual HK made weapons? Ooookaythen.

It's going to be the MPX, Colt will be a close 2nd. The EVO is not ergonomic unless they change the selector position.

Wait, they are testing Zenith HK clones, but not current actual HK made weapons? Ooookaythen.

It's going to be the MPX, Colt will be a close 2nd. The EVO is not ergonomic unless they change the selector position.

Apparently HK didn't submit a firearm. ????

I'm going to start a poll on this.....:D

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR