JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The U.S. Army is Looking for Its First New Submachine Gun Since WWII

In a surprise move, the U.S. Army is asking industry for ideas for a new submachine gun. The last time the Army adopted a submachine gun was in 1943. It's not clear why the Army wants a new subgun

A 9-millimeter submachine gun that was easy to carry, had less recoil, and could be used in self-defense would be desirable for troops infrequently exposed to combat. Nine millimeter also means the SCW would use the same ammunition as the new M17 Modular Handgun System.

I'd like and m3 or a Sten

The Kriss Vector also comes in .45 & 10MM. I think between those three choices they'd be able to make a decision.

My CRB has proven to be extremely reliable and accurate with ball and SJHP rounds.

Every time I hear about our government buying something for the military, I always think of the golden rule for subcontractors.

You get to pick two. Cheap, Fast or Good.

tenor_orig.gif

It's gonna be the Sig MPX. Already have a factory here making them, and it slots in the easiest with the newly adopted Sig pistol.

Wow. It's been a lot of years ago. I went to a HK seminar while I was in the Army, presented to my ordnance unit. They had us give an evaluation of everything we shot, including their little submachine gun. So it's taken nearly 40 years, but maybe HK will still be courting the Army?:D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top