JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You can mess around and travel certain states while carrying but not "the states"

Unless someone has figured out how to conceal in California, where less than half a percent of even Residents can get a license.
Not true.
Los Angeles County is very restrictive. Neighboring Orange County has approved ~ 98% of applications received.

As of August 2021, ( before Bruen ) .31 % of the population had CCW permits.

This is not a relative high percentage, but dude, please.

Looks like you need to update your app - Idaho Enhanced gives you Colorado and North Dakota.

Looks like you need to update your app - Idaho Enhanced gives you Colorado and North Dakota.

Check again on Colorado. Oregon resident with Idaho non-resident enhanced.
Colorado: " The permit holder is a resident of the issuing state. "
North Dakota used to recognize Non-resident Idaho Enhanced. Looking at their site, they still do. My map is wrong.
I ran into this with PA only recognizing issuing state resident permits, as many other states do So I obtained a non-res for PA.
Oregon is just a forking liberal backwater.

Check again on Colorado. Oregon resident with Idaho non-resident enhanced.
Colorado: " The permit holder is a resident of the issuing state. "
North Dakota used to recognize Non-resident Idaho Enhanced. Looking at their site, they still do. My map is wrong.
I ran into this with PA only recognizing issuing state resident permits, as many other states do So I obtained a non-res for PA.
Oregon is just a forking liberal backwater.
Oh, my bad, I switched to Non-Resident Oregon and Resident Idaho Enhanced a few years back. Didn't realize you ran it the other way :D

Also, if you are traveling some states allow valid fishing/hunting license exceptions. Just always be fishing.

Apparently!

So is reading comprehension. " Can Get " was the premise............and 98 % is still more than point 5 %
98% of a sample isn't necessarily 0.5% of a population. For example, for simplicity, 98 people are approved out of 100 is 98%, but if the sample size is 100, then the math doesn't necessarily work out if the population is the State of California.

And it super easy/fast to get your CHL through Washington. Just go up to Vancouver city PD with completed paperwork, fingerprints and pay the lady and you get a permit in the mail 2 weeks later.
Make sure that you check the website for Vancouver PD. That was always my go to for a Washington permit but the last time I went to renew they were not processing out of area/state permits. As I recall, it was a staffing issue.

I was able to do the whole process by mail through the Cowlitz County Sheriff's office. Sent all the correct forms and my money and within a couple of weeks I had my new permit.

Make sure that you check the website for Vancouver PD. That was always my go to for a Washington permit but the last time I went to renew they were not processing out of area/state permits. As I recall, it was a staffing issue.

I was able to do the whole process by mail through the Cowlitz County Sheriff's office. Sent all the correct forms and my money and within a couple of weeks I had my new permit.
I just did mine last summer. So I don't know if things have changed since then.

Anyone here got an Arizona concealed license?

I'm thinking about going to a local range/gun shop to get the training but curious about the application process. Just figured it'd be nice to have for when I'm traveling the states.
I got Oregon, Utah, and Arizona a while back.

I let my Arizona expire because it didn't really give me much bang for the buck that I didn't already get with the other two.

Not true.
Los Angeles County is very restrictive. Neighboring Orange County has approved ~ 98% of applications received.

As of August 2021, ( before Bruen ) .31 % of the population had CCW permits.

This is not a relative high percentage, but dude, please.
Just for fun I had to do the math on this one.

That .31% of Californias population with permits comes out to some 123k out of a population of more than 39.6 million.

Oregon in contrast has more than 311k permit holders out of a population of some 4.23 million residents.

I'm sure the number of Californians illegally carrying far outstrip the number of Oregonians illegally carrying…

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads