JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone here got an Arizona concealed license?

I'm thinking about going to a local range/gun shop to get the training but curious about the application process. Just figured it'd be nice to have for when I'm traveling the states.

Got Utah, Oregon, Arizona, and now Virginia.

#GottaCatchThemAll

Application process isn't materially different from others. Do your class, mail in your paperwork and payment, and wait. Get the card in the mail in a few weeks.

I always thought it odd that AZ's isn't a photo ID. But, it's easy to get.

Note: AZ has constitutional carry. A prime benefit for me was being able to carry using it in New Mexico. Pending your needs, you may not actually have to get one.

Washington permit allows you to travel the "free states"
No permit allows you to travel "the states"
Reciprocity is a state by state thing. If OP wants to carry in New Mexico, then he'll need a New Mexico or Arizona license.

New Mexico doesn't issue non resident licenses…so that leaves you with Arizona.

I have an AZ ccw but I took a 4 hour class locally to get mine. The first AZ CCW I got required an 8 hour class plus we had to hit a target that was 5 yards away-- even people who had never fired a gun in my class were able to do that using the instructors S&W 38sp

You can mess around and travel certain states while carrying but not "the states"

Unless someone has figured out how to conceal in California, where less than half a percent of even Residents can get a license.

Did a lookup on my phone app.

Screenshot_20230315-084056_CCW.jpg Screenshot_20230315-083659_CCW.jpg Screenshot_20230315-083547_CCW.jpg Screenshot_20230315-083440_CCW.jpg Screenshot_20230315-083330_CCW.jpg Screenshot_20230315-083126_CCW.jpg 20230315_082506.jpg

You can mess around and travel certain states while carrying but not "the states"

Unless someone has figured out how to conceal in California, where less than half a percent of even Residents can get a license.
The issue of state to state reciprocity is confusing enough without having to use your home grown definition for "the states."

OP - do some research here: https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/nv-gun-laws/

What you want to do is chart out your travel plans and figure out the least number of permits needed. Make sure the ones you want are issued to non residents.

There are many training classes in the Portland area that will offer to mail out your application to Arizona and Utah (in addition to Oregon) or any combo there of, since those three get you a ton of states.

The actual requirements for a non resident AZ permit are easy to meet. It's just a question of filling out the paperwork and paying your fee.

I only got VA because there's a law here that says you can only buy 1 handgun every 30 days unless you are exempted by having a cc license.

Oddly enough, Illinois has a short list of non resident permits and VA is on it. They're on the short list for reciprocity for Minnesota. So…since I'll be moving to Wisconsin soon…I'll be grabbing that Illinois non resident shortly here so as to get Illinois, Wisconsin, and Minnesota covered.

What can I say, I like to explore.

I think OP is looking for the reciprocity that the permit provides, not specifically for the carriage of a concealed firearm in the State.
You are correct sir. I seen it was accepted in states like Wyoming and many more. I sometimes drive from Oregon to midwest, down to Cali and to midwest from there and just wanted to be ok in as many states as possible.

Unfortunately in Cali nothing I have is legal so I don't go there often.

The issue of state to state reciprocity is confusing enough without having to use your home grown definition for "the states."

OP - do some research here: https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/nv-gun-laws/

What you want to do is chart out your travel plans and figure out the least number of permits needed. Make sure the ones you want are issued to non residents.

There are many training classes in the Portland area that will offer to mail out your application to Arizona and Utah (in addition to Oregon) or any combo there of, since those three get you a ton of states.

The actual requirements for a non resident AZ permit are easy to meet. It's just a question of filling out the paperwork and paying your fee.

I only got VA because there's a law here that says you can only buy 1 handgun every 30 days unless you are exempted by having a cc license.

Oddly enough, Illinois has a short list of non resident permits and VA is on it. They're on the short list for reciprocity for Minnesota. So…since I'll be moving to Wisconsin soon…I'll be grabbing that Illinois non resident shortly here so as to get Illinois, Wisconsin, and Minnesota covered.

What can I say, I like to explore.
Thanks, I have family in Illinois but wasn't familiar with the chl. Ill have to check into that one too.

You are correct sir. I seen it was accepted in states like Wyoming and many more. I sometimes drive from Oregon to midwest, down to Cali and to midwest from there and just wanted to be ok in as many states as possible.

Unfortunately in Cali nothing I have is legal so I don't go there often.
That explains it. I did the same research for a loop of western states and came to the same conclusion. The place you most want a firearm is California but has to be locked away in a secure storage box so kind of useless.

Then what if your vehicle breaks down. Leave firearm inside to be stolen? Carry it and go to jail?

You just do it in Cali regardless. A concealed hand gun is a misdemeanor and a concealed fixed blades is a felony…..

Try and make sense out of that. I carried the entire time I was stationed down there.

And it super easy/fast to get your CHL through Washington. Just go up to Vancouver city PD with completed paperwork, fingerprints and pay the lady and you get a permit in the mail 2 weeks later.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top