JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Polls like this are totally useless and are misleading, feeding into the anti gun faction. To begin with I would never publicly state whether or not I am prepared to take the life of a person intent on doing harm to myself, family or close friends. But I think most of us here know the answer.

Last Edited:
If this poll was taken at the Planned Parenthood offices....= %99.99999?

The myriad of replies in this thread (already) are indicative of how complex the issue of taking a human life; can be for a true conservative; those who respect the sanctity of human life....all of them.

My short answer is I would, without hesitation move to intercede; risk my own life for my family, anyone's children, a parent with children, a LEO, First Responders, and/or anyone else who is trying to protect the innocent....(good people).

(Didn't click)

Polls like this are pretty stupid, if you ask me.
I say that because there has to be an implication that you may actually use your gun when you start carrying one.

I made the decision years ago. Even though @clearconscience contradicts himself, probably intentionally, I agree with his second sentence.

And @woody06 said it straight up, ya never really know till you get "there", but I've been in several situations where my "quick thinking" saved someone from serious harm. I never made the decision to act, I just did it.

Flip it:

Am I prepared to do what is necessary to defend a life? Yes

Last Edited:
I hope to God I never have to find out... but most of the scenarios that would put it on the table are ones where I KNOW I'm not prepared to live with the consequences of the alternative.

Does this surprise anyone? :D

Percentage of Democrats who feel capable of killing a home intruder: 42%

Percentage of Republicans who feel capable of killing a home intruder: 63%.
Ya but ask a Democrat if they are willing to kill a rebuplican and it will be more like 95%

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top