JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't see it that way at all. It is a tool. You want to have the best tool for the job should the need ever arise. Just like any other tool, It is there to do a job and can be replaced. In this case the cost of a inferior tool could be your life or the life of someone you love. If it saves your life who cares if you ever see it again? Not like you need it if your dead.

Juggle to many and you may forget who your with. I would hate to think I know who I'm with in a moment of intense emotion. Only to be wrong. :D

Glock is ready to go boom with the touch of the trigger. Others may need a little more manipulation before they go Boom!
Get it wrong and you may look a fool! Or be dead.:(

Juggle to many and you may forget who your with. I would hate to think I know who I'm with in a moment of intense emotion. Only to be wrong. :D

Glock is ready to go boom with the touch of the trigger. Others may need a little more manipulation before they go Boom!

This isn't a gun story but it pertains:

I've had a kershaw assisted folding knife for more years then I know (12+ maybe...).

It opens with a thumb stud and I know that I rely on that in a defensive tool because my buddy bought me a newer knife from CRKT and I took the thumb stud off so I could wear it in gym shorts and in sweats when I'm slumming it.

Thankfully, I wasn't in need of it one day and when I pulled the knife out I made the little motion with my thumb and nothing happened.

No I know to either train a new style or stay with what I know - I've so far just stuck with thumb studs because it's so ingrained in that hand that I don't think about it, it just happens.

I'm really glad I learned that lesson while dinking around and not a time where I would have been depending my life on it.

Nah, Never have that problem. Switch all the time.

Many years ago my son who is still in the CG gave me his trusty ole Benchmade knife. It also had the thumb nib, I loved and treasured that knife. One day at the Blue Ck boat ramp bathroom I flipped down my chest waders and wham, the knife hit the wall and went straight into thecrapper!!!!!AHHHHHRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

I replaced it with a S&W S.W.A.T. with a spring assist & have never looked back. :)

Last Edited:
Had a Spiderco Delica for years and years. Went everywhere I did and served me well. One day I was working in Portland paving a Freddies parking lot and my knife went missing. Next day a truck driver who was on the job and found my knife gave it to me. I retired the knife now as it just doesn't hold the pocket as well as when it was new. Got a new baby it it's place.:D

I was duck hunting in about a foot of water and needed to make poopies bad. Had my benchmade right on the bibs of the waders. Oh yeah and the grass was 3' long laying down.
Never saw that knife again.

Nah! All my girls are polymer framed DAO's except for the Colt 1911! So I can run what I brung nice and smooth!:)

For a long time I couldn't stay faithful to any carry gun.

Now it's been four or more years with one type.

I would buy new guns all the time. And they all had different controls and triggers.
I was sweeping the safety off my Glock............For havens sake!

Finally I had enough. I was honest with myself.
I knew this switching around would get me killed! So I picked one style and stuck with it.
I was in Love once. But desire fades with time. That is when trust, reliability, and common interests carry the relationship.

Been carrying a OD green G-26 w/tru-glo front site, Siderlock, a few pieces of grip tape, +2 mag. ext., in a Remora holster for 5 years.

Keep saying I'm going to switch to my Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry or Ruger 1911 Comm., but haven't yet...:rolleyes::D:):confused::cool:

I have a long term relationship with my dog.:D
I have a medium term relationship with my GF.:D
I have a short term relationship with my memory.................:D

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR