JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Midway was out of stock for a Meplat trimmer manufactured by MCR. So, I ordered direct from MCR.
They immediately withdrew money from my account June 10th.
I have yet to receive a confirmation email, tracking number, or product.
There only contact is an email address.

Someone please tell me I did not get taken for $112.00

Last Edited:

Midway was out of stock for a Meplat trimmer manufactured by MCR. So, I ordered direct from MCR.
They withdrew money from my account June 10th.

Looks legit, if you have facebook try hitting him up there.

Montour County is a real place. Honestly it'd be weird for a spoof business to have the kind of more authentic internet presence this place has. My guess is it's just a small local shop that doesn't do a ton of e-commerce.

My personal thing is never buy anything online that doesn't have a physical address in the US or a phone number. I verify address using street view and check the #. That site doesn't have that stuff but it seem like an omission rather than an attempt to obscure anything. Like the last guy said, give him a call...it could be in the mail already.

Screenshot_20220616-123321_Firefox.jpg

Montour County is a real place. Honestly it'd be weird for a spoof business to have the kind of more authentic internet presence this place has. My guess is it's just a small local shop that doesn't do a ton of e-commerce.

My personal thing is never buy anything online that doesn't have a physical address in the US or a phone number. I verify address using street view and check the #. That site doesn't have that stuff but it seem like an omission rather than an attempt to obscure anything. Like the last guy said, give him a call...it could be in the mail already.

View attachment 1222543
I would give them a call - but there is no phone number too call.
Not on there website, anyway.

Thanks for giving me a number too call.

They immediately withdrew money from my account June 10th.

He's a member over on the Long Range Hunter forum. Has been on there within the last 3-4 weeks. Legit, likely busy and your order is probably on the to do list and not actually sitting on the shelf.

He's a member over on the Long Range Hunter forum. Has been on there within the last 3-4 weeks. Legit, likely busy and your order is probably on the to do list and not actually sitting on the shelf.
Thanks for the input. The more I hear that MCR is real, the better I feel.

A Meplat trimmer is not on most shooters shopping lists.

I know high precision long-range shooters will wait a very long time for a custom build or a very rare tool.

Therefore, It is my hope that this mentality is the case here. It's my guess that I'm in a very small percentile of shooters who even know what a meplat is and I hope my patience becomes a virtue as my product hopefully arrives. :)

Low volume specialized niche items made by curmudgeonly old "pre-web" men in greasy shops may require slightly more patience than average to deal with. Took me over 1 year and the assistance of the attorney general's office to get a niche pistol back from the manufacturer about 20 years back. I was not alone. But, I got it back and the labor pain of waiting is long gone.

$112? There are those who are losing thousands to fake sites.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top