JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I paid the same after that site charges for shipping
$120 versus $82.87?
F5F41DA9-BBC6-46CA-A0C4-F5EEF111697C.png

Got my Five Seven mags delivered yesterday

I am still doing a mag inventory.

A conservative estimate of number/cost leads me to believe I have spent about 10% on mags that I have spent on guns. I have spent quite a bit more on ammo than I spent on mags- probably somewhere between 30-50% of what I have spent on guns (not including accessories - just the bare guns).

I recently bought a Canik, it came with 2 factory MecGar mags. Locally I couldn't find any of those but a local shop had some Promags. I regret that purchase as the rounds bunched up midway and there are no witness holes for round count. I ordered some MecGars online and will save the crappy ones for practice.

318104_14936979973824_rId6.jpg

Somewhere along the line in the last ten years, I somehow unintentionally, picked up a ProMag 32 rd mag for a P226

About a month ago I decided to test it to see what would happen. Today the weather was nice, I had it loaded up already (ball reloads), so I took it out on the porch and it ran fine. Repeat and rinse two more times (~100 rounds) and no hiccups - so far.

I will probably run some more reloads thru it today, but I am pleasantly surprised that, given their poor reputation, it has run fine so far. I will probably use it during practice for a year or so, if for no other reason than it allows me to concentrate on shooting for a longer period of time. If after that time I have had no problems, I might consider it for a last ditch high cap mag as it seems no one else makes high cap mags for the classic series SIGs.

You don't even want to look at Hk mags I use to get USP mags for $15-20 !
When!? Lol. I had a USP Tactical .45 about 13 years ago and even back then mags were $50 or more each. It's crazy to me that Sig P365 mags now fetch the same price tag.

If you think $50-$60 is high for a single mag...

2011 mags will set you back a few coins...

About 25 years ago is cost me a bit over $100 for a spare magazine for my Sig P210-6 and I wish I'd bought 2, I don't want to look at what they cost now. If only the new Sig 210 USA magazines fit the Swiss pistols...

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews