JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Of course Glocks are unsafe "any idiot can use one". That's is the primary reason they give them Liberal Arts majors in public jobs. Why would I want a gun any idiot can use? If I was a little dumber I could have gone to work for the government too!

Oh no, it does matter. If everybody followed the 4 rules, a lot of people would still be alive today. Given enough time and opportunity people can fail at anything, especially following rules.

You already have multiple safeties in all your guns. Why do manufacturers use triggers with a substantial weight of pull (instead of, let me exaggerate, buttons)? - Because the trigger pull weight makes NEGLIGENT discharges less likely (even if at the expense of accuracy and rate of fire). Why do you have a trigger guard? - Because it protects the trigger from being pulled by something else. Neither the trigger pull weight nor the guard slow you down considerably because you practice with them. An external safety (invented centuries ago) is the same thing.

Now, your personal mileage may vary. If you clear Afghan villages for a living and do a lot of reactive shooting, then your odds of being too slow to disengage the safety are greater than your odds of having an unwanted discharge. In those circumstances, some soldiers remove/tape their safeties as they simply get in the way. I am a civilian in a relatively safe community, so a civilian safety standard (which includes the external safety and a field-stripping procedure that does not involve pulling the trigger) is more applicable to my case.

If there was a reliable, non-battery-operated biometric safety device that would prevent anyone from firing my pistols except the people I choose, I would use it.

Fixed it for ya

So to clarify the "I need a safety" argument, you guys are saying that you need a mechanical safety in order to keep your booger finger off of the bang button in order to be safe. I'm ok with that....

Both sides of this argument are just twisting each others words. What it really comes down to is preference. The uh...."manual safety" "side" isn't saying that because they have a button/lever safety, they are gonna just wave it around pulling on the trigger. Just that the added safety basically puts their mind at ease.

On the other hand, the "my brain is my safety" side believes you're retarded if you want an extra safety.

That's what I'm reading anyways...

Now that's a little simplistic, and I should be saying that this has to do with DA/striker fired. But hey.

I probably sway toward what solv3nt is saying, but if you want one more safety, it doesn't make a difference to me what you're shooting, just don't point it at me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top