JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Honestly, I think this may be a great idea- what with the current hipster trend towards outdoors pursuits. I've been seeing more and more dudes wearing raw denim shirt jackets driving restored Volkswagen syncros (complete with custom plywood interiors) around the woods lately, and I bet you anything they will soon be adding firearms to their collection of outdoors lifestyle accessories. I think you may be on to something here (just a few years ahead of your time though- wait a little bit for them to find the need to move on to the next trend!) especially if you carry hand tooled leather holsters/scabbards.. A la James dean gunleather.
Don't believe me when I say we'll soon be seeing an influx of ironic mustachios at our shooting spots? Check out this video- it's a harbinger of things to come..
How to Correctly Clean Your Revolver Gun | The Art of Manliness (http://www.artofmanliness.com/2008/08/19/how-to-correctly-clean-gun/)
Get on it before the hipster market is flooded with artisanal gun accessories and they move on to the next thing because revolvers are soooo 2016!

I've noticed the same trend. I understand that most of us may think the hipster crowd are useless. However, they still are a large voter base that will decide where our rights go in the polls.

My idea doesn't sound like it could happen. Farmer Market rules and regulations don't allow for selling objects such as firearms unless I could some how argue that AR15s are legitimate farm tools. I think a good argument could be had to prove that AR15s are useful and handy tools to have out on the farm, community garden, rainbow gathering, etc.

I'm interested in thinking about ways to support our rights. We are going to have to get creative to create a culture that once again resoundingly respects our 2nd amendment rights.

It would be great if hipsters begin to accept the firearm culture. Especially if they practice good firearm care taking of firearms. I would love a VW syncro. Perhaps one day I'll trade an AR15 with some magazines for one ;)

I've always wanted a syncro, too! I just lack the required time/funds/mechanical knowledge to keep one running! My derision towards the vw crowd here in WA most likely stems from my jealousy of their badass rigs.. All I have is a beat up '86 suburban with rusty rocker panels!
I'm not completely anti-hipster- if you are into art/music/fashion, they are actually pretty useful as they come up with some pretty cool stuff every now and then. And they like to spend money- they are very useful as a target demographic! When I lived in NY i was able to make a tidy living selling stuff to hipsters.
And yes, more people getting into firearms is definitely a good thing, no matter who they are (as long as they're not completely looney tunes!).
i personally would be excited about seeing a farmers market stand selling locally sourced artisanal AR builds!

I've always wanted a syncro, too! I just lack the required time/funds/mechanical knowledge to keep one running! My derision towards the vw crowd here in WA most likely stems from my jealousy of their badass rigs.. All I have is a beat up '86 suburban with rusty rocker panels!
I'm not completely anti-hipster- if you are into art/music/fashion, they are actually pretty useful as they come up with some pretty cool stuff every now and then. And they like to spend money- they are very useful as a target demographic! When I lived in NY i was able to make a tidy living selling stuff to hipsters.
And yes, more people getting into firearms is definitely a good thing, no matter who they are (as long as they're not completely looney tunes!).
i personally would be excited about seeing a farmers market stand selling locally sourced artisanal AR builds!

Agreed. Aeroprecision and Mega Arms are local AR manufacturers. Great quality for the price.

I could put a nice keymod upper next to some backyard chicken eggs and organic vegetables and fruits. There might be other places to set up a stand like this up.

I would actually attend and buy from your tent if you did that. I also back your thinking. Exposure of the sport and firearms community may at least inform some of the brainless parrots that usually attend those farmers markets.

At least they'd get a little learnin under their belt and also have to take a little dose of tolerance to boot.

Id say go for it, if you succeed in getting a tent expect my business.
Me too but I am sure all of our spots are taken:rolleyes:

Buddy, I didn't sh*t my pants, and it's still one of the worst ideas I've ever heard.

The worst idea I've ever heard is no idea. I'd say a worse idea is the most recent ruling from the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals wouldn't you say? Sure it's a goofy idea to do this at a farmers market. In fact it may not ever materialize. However, this is a process of us figuring out what we can do as individuals to protect our individual rights and liberties.

My last "horrible idea" got me to start a firearms club at PSU. I suppose it was also a bad idea to bring the NRA to Portland State University to present to the students and faculty.

If we all sit around and do nothing while our rights our taken away then how can we complain? Are you ready to give up, hunker down, and be labeled as a disillusioned domestic terrorists by the government you support or used to put on an uniform for? I'm saying F*CK THAT and am trying to work towards protecting your and your family's liberty and freedom.

With all this I sure hope you're at least a supporting member of OFF and the NRA. Get out there and fight. If not please take a seat in the kids room while adults talk.

The worst idea I've ever heard is no idea. I'd say a worse idea is the most recent ruling from the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals wouldn't you say? Sure it's a goofy idea to do this at a farmers market. In fact it may not ever materialize. However, this is a process of us figuring out what we can do as individuals to protect our individual rights and liberties.

My last "horrible idea" got me to start a firearms club at PSU. I suppose it was also a bad idea to bring the NRA to Portland State University to present to the students and faculty.

If we all sit around and do nothing while our rights our taken away then how can we complain? Are you ready to give up, hunker down, and be labeled as a disillusioned domestic terrorists by the government you support or used to put on an uniform for? I'm saying F*CK THAT and am trying to work towards protecting your and your family's liberty and freedom.

With all this I sure hope you're at least a supporting member of OFF and the NRA. Get out there and fight. If not please take a seat in the kids room while adults talk.

Starting a firearms club at PSU and inviting the NRA to speak are good ideas.

Trying to sell firearms at a farmers market is still one of the worst ideas I've ever heard.

If you had this booth at the local Farmers market in Twin Falls Idaho where I grew up it would be one of the more popular at the event, and maybe not the only one with a firearms focus

Oh, wouldn't that just be evil... Hand-crafted ARtisan AR's While You Watch? :D Starting from an 80% blank, then finishing it to customer's taste and assembling while they watch?

Something like "pay your money, pass your BGC and pick your colors and pattern, then come back in two hours or so and watch the pieces go together," I'm thinking... maybe a "Build Your Own With Expert Help" option too.

Make sure you have lots of demographically-targeted pro-2A flyers, too... like the Pink Pistol slogan about "Because armed gays don't get bashed."

Oh, wouldn't that just be evil... Hand-crafted ARtisan AR's While You Watch? :D Starting from an 80% blank, then finishing it to customer's taste and assembling while they watch?

Something like "pay your money, pass your BGC and pick your colors and pattern, then come back in two hours or so and watch the pieces go together," I'm thinking... maybe a "Build Your Own With Expert Help" option too.

Make sure you have lots of demographically-targeted pro-2A flyers, too... like the Pink Pistol slogan about "Because armed gays don't get bashed."

I like that idea. I'd dress up as hipster as possible. The stand would be dressed up to look as environmentally progressive and peace loving as possible. Perhaps even add nice green pot leaf next to the check out stand. Have a viewing area for the customers and onlookers to observe the process of building AR15s.

The importance of protecting our rights is at its pinnacle right now. With the most recent terrorist shooting in Florida don't expect Obama or Hitlery second guessing taking a jab at AR15 sales.

Iron Monster,

Maybe I need to start spending more time in Idaho.

You'd need an FFL and the issue is the BATFE just announced they would not longer approve non-physical store FFLs. So, unless you are going to buy a commercial property as a location for the FFL, you are SOL. Also, the BATFE is pretty clear about where FFLs can conduct business. As a Farmer's Market is not a "Gun Show" it would not be approved for "off premises" business.

However, It would be cool to see someone milling out all the parts for an AR with time lapsed video on a YouTube channel. Once a week some other custom design type thing.

True, and with them having pulled a ruling out of their arsehole about "you can't even lease but have to fully OWN the tools you use"... to the BATFascists, anything not yet prohibited is a "loophole to be closed."

[EDIT: Why am I replying to someone on my Ignore List who STILL owes me an apology?]

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top