JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello,

I recently had an idea regarding the sale of firearms. Here's the pitch:

I can purchase and build AR15s to sell. The idea is for me to set up a farmers market stand with AR15s on display for sale in Portland, OR this Summer. For the sale to be complete we would of course have to complete the exchange at an FFL which would be arranged. I could also sell everything for the rifle on the spot except the lower and direct the buyer to resources to complete their rifle. I believe my stand shouldn't be treated any different than any other arts and crafts stand. It maybe a way to get more Liberals interested in firearms and protecting our rights.

Any ideas on this are appreciated,

Thanks!

You may want to start off slowly at first, kinda eeease into that marketplace.
Once the local "squirrelsapiens" have become accustomed to your less "threatening"goods, you can gradually start introducing some actual hardware.

Maybe consider just selling macramé AR15 cozies, knitted pistol cases, and tooled leather bandoliers. I'd locate next to the 70 year old lady Timothy Leary look-a-like selling fresh, locally grown, organic, non-GMO, extra large pecans...and wine bottle hookahs.
That way, when some aging hippy or lumberjack, skinny jeaned, man bunned, green, "paleo-man", gets all hyperventilated over seeing your wicker ammo boxes, you can simply smile and point to the next booth and say.....
..."Tell you what uuuh sir is it?, why don't you come back after you buy yourself some nuts!"
or,
..."Tell you what uuuh ma'am is it?,The cartel workers that defend our pot farms need nice things too, oh ya, and buy your boyfriend some nuts"

Last Edited:
I would actually attend and buy from your tent if you did that. I also back your thinking. Exposure of the sport and firearms community may at least inform some of the brainless parrots that usually attend those farmers markets.

At least they'd get a little learnin under their belt and also have to take a little dose of tolerance to boot.

Id say go for it, if you succeed in getting a tent expect my business.

You may want to start off slowly at first, kinda eeease into that marketplace.
Once the local "squirrelsapiens" have become accustomed to your less "threatening"goods, you can gradually start introducing some actual hardware.

Maybe consider just selling macramé AR15 cozies, knitted pistol cases, and tooled leather bandoliers. I'd locate next to the 70 year old lady Timothy Leary look-a-like selling fresh, locally grown, organic, non-GMO, extra large pecans...and wine bottle hookahs.
That way, when some aging hippy or lumberjack, skinny jeaned, man bunned, green, "paleo-man", gets all hyperventilated over seeing your wicker ammo boxes, you can simply smile and point to the next booth and say.....
..."Tell you what uuuh sir is it?, why don't you come back after you buy yourself some nuts!"
or,
..."Tell you what uuuh ma'am is it?,The cartel workers that defend our pot farms need nice things too, oh ya, and buy your boyfriend some nuts"
Truthfully firearm related arts and crafts would actually be another business Id buy from. My backyard and house could use more firearm themed art to go along with the posters of beautiful women, actual firearms on the wall and soon to be homebuilt bar.

Hello,

I can purchase and build AR15s to sell. The idea is for me to set up a farmers market stand with AR15s on display for sale in Portland, OR this Summer. For the sale to be complete we would of course have to complete the exchange at an FFL which would be arranged. I could also sell everything for the rifle on the spot except the lower and direct the buyer to resources to complete their rifle. I believe my stand shouldn't be treated any different than any other arts and crafts stand. It maybe a way to get more Liberals interested in firearms and protecting our rights.

Thanks!

You wouldn't need to complete the sale at an FFL, you would have to be an FFL.

You could sell complete uppers and 80% lowers with a jig kit and LPK legally w/o a FFL. You'd need to manage to buy stock @ wholesale prices somehow so you could @ least make some profit... that way you could afford some armed security, eventually. (LOL)

Good luck. OR and WA can refuse to give you a spot at the market because they aren't discriminating against your race, sex or religion.

Joe,

I realize that. This is mainly an idea to get more people interested in firearms. It seems to me that firearms is a polarized subject in the American community. I don't believe it should be. This is a way to reach audiences that would otherwise be sheltered from the firearms community and culture. We need to gain the support of liberals and democrats in order to uphold the constitution.

My idea is to man the stand dressed as hipster as I possibly can. I'm already a liberal democrat so engaging in that dialogue comes easy. I am also growing excess fruits, veggies, and eggs this summer which would be for sale at the stand.

I created this post to observe the reaction to this community and to see if it's doable. I don't see why it wouldn't be. Perhaps I should apply for an ffl before hand.

As far as merchandise goes, I can build psa ARs for less than $500 and sell them for a small mark up.

Hello,

Thanks!

Seriously, are you f-ing high on drugs? Have you ever actually BEEN to a farmers market in Portland? Do you know the kind of people who frequent farmers markets in Portland? Provided you actually found one that would let you set up a tent, you'd likely be spat at and called names like, "baby killer" or something.

That is without question one of THE worst ideas I've ever heard.

Links provided for reference...

Portland Saturday Market | Become a Vendor (http://www.portlandsaturdaymarket.com/vendors/become-a-vendor)

http://www.portlandsaturdaymarket.com/content/docs/Prospective_Vendor_Manual_PACKET_20163.pdf
Notes on knives for reference:
KNIVES

Knives must be specifically designed as utilitarian and will be subject to a full committee review. Knives designed as weapons will not be allowed. All knives must be kept in a secured display case, sold to person 18 years or older, have a sign prominently displayed in booth regarding minimum age requirement and be sold in packaging/boxes.

The Portland Farmers Market » Become a Vendor (http://www.portlandfarmersmarket.org/vendors/become-a-vendor/)

http://www.portlandfarmersmarket.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Vendor-Handbook-2016-1.pdf
Notes on Vendor Products for reference:

• PFM is a marketplace for food and food products with an emphasis on locally grown and raised agricultural products. We also showcase locally-produced value added foods with ingredients that are directly sourced from the region

The following items are not accepted at PFM:
      •  Crafts.

•  Carnival-like foods and confectionaries with no connection to local agriculture.

•  Overly processed and/or fried foods.

•  Vendor products distributed in ten or more U.S states.

•  Energy drinks.

•  Produce not grown and processed by the farmer (i.e., brokered items intended for

resale).

•  Non-food items not grown and processed by the producer such as: soaps, flowers, herb

tinctures, candles.

•  Products grown or processed using genetically modified seeds (GMO).

•  Products exposed to growth hormones, such as rBGH, may not be sold at the market.

Well there goes that idea.

Seriously, are you f-ing high on drugs? Have you ever actually BEEN to a farmers market in Portland? Do you know the kind of people who frequent farmers markets in Portland? Provided you actually found one that would let you set up a tent, you'd likely be spat at and called names like, "baby killer" or something.

That is without question one of THE worst ideas I've ever heard.

Haha slow down there and change your diapers. It's an idea.

Honestly, I think this may be a great idea- what with the current hipster trend towards outdoors pursuits. I've been seeing more and more dudes wearing raw denim shirt jackets driving restored Volkswagen syncros (complete with custom plywood interiors) around the woods lately, and I bet you anything they will soon be adding firearms to their collection of outdoors lifestyle accessories. I think you may be on to something here (just a few years ahead of your time though- wait a little bit for them to find the need to move on to the next trend!) especially if you carry hand tooled leather holsters/scabbards.. A la James dean gunleather.
Don't believe me when I say we'll soon be seeing an influx of ironic mustachios at our shooting spots? Check out this video- it's a harbinger of things to come..
How to Correctly Clean Your Revolver Gun | The Art of Manliness (http://www.artofmanliness.com/2008/08/19/how-to-correctly-clean-gun/)
Get on it before the hipster market is flooded with artisanal gun accessories and they move on to the next thing because revolvers are soooo 2016!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top