Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

AR15 sales at Farmers Market

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Raidingtime, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Raidingtime

Raidingtime SE Portland Oregon Well-Known Member

Hello,

I recently had an idea regarding the sale of firearms. Here's the pitch:

I can purchase and build AR15s to sell. The idea is for me to set up a farmers market stand with AR15s on display for sale in Portland, OR this Summer. For the sale to be complete we would of course have to complete the exchange at an FFL which would be arranged. I could also sell everything for the rifle on the spot except the lower and direct the buyer to resources to complete their rifle. I believe my stand shouldn't be treated any different than any other arts and crafts stand. It maybe a way to get more Liberals interested in firearms and protecting our rights.

Any ideas on this are appreciated,

Thanks!

Logan Wilson likes this.
  2. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

What's in your pipe?

3. albin25

albin25 Lewiston Idaho Well-Known Member

You may want to start off slowly at first, kinda eeease into that marketplace.
    Once the local "squirrelsapiens" have become accustomed to your less "threatening"goods, you can gradually start introducing some actual hardware.

Maybe consider just selling macramé AR15 cozies, knitted pistol cases, and tooled leather bandoliers. I'd locate next to the 70 year old lady Timothy Leary look-a-like selling fresh, locally grown, organic, non-GMO, extra large pecans...and wine bottle hookahs.
    That way, when some aging hippy or lumberjack, skinny jeaned, man bunned, green, "paleo-man", gets all hyperventilated over seeing your wicker ammo boxes, you can simply smile and point to the next booth and say.....
    ..."Tell you what uuuh sir is it?, why don't you come back after you buy yourself some nuts!"
    or,
    ..."Tell you what uuuh ma'am is it?,The cartel workers that defend our pot farms need nice things too, oh ya, and buy your boyfriend some nuts"

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  4. netsecsys

netsecsys near: Bellingham, WA Active Member

Ahh, the ol' turd in the punch bowl trick ;)

Caveman Jim and Joe13 like this.
  5. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

I would actually attend and buy from your tent if you did that. I also back your thinking. Exposure of the sport and firearms community may at least inform some of the brainless parrots that usually attend those farmers markets.

At least they'd get a little learnin under their belt and also have to take a little dose of tolerance to boot.

Id say go for it, if you succeed in getting a tent expect my business.

6. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Truthfully firearm related arts and crafts would actually be another business Id buy from. My backyard and house could use more firearm themed art to go along with the posters of beautiful women, actual firearms on the wall and soon to be homebuilt bar.

Logan Wilson likes this.
  7. BEN LILLY

BEN LILLY Lincoln City, OR NRA LIFE MEMBER Bronze Supporter

Go for it. We will probably see you on the news.

Caveman Jim and Joe13 like this.
  8. slimer13

slimer13 Deer Park Well-Known Member

You wouldn't need to complete the sale at an FFL, you would have to be an FFL.

Norm0931, Caveman Jim and Joe13 like this.
  9. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

You could sell complete uppers and 80% lowers with a jig kit and LPK legally w/o a FFL. You'd need to manage to buy stock @ wholesale prices somehow so you could @ least make some profit... that way you could afford some armed security, eventually. (LOL)

harrisonhomestead1 likes this.
  10. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Good luck. OR and WA can refuse to give you a spot at the market because they aren't discriminating against your race, sex or religion.

11. ThemGunsThough

ThemGunsThough RIP City! Well-Known Member

I, too, would definitely love to support your business if you put this into fruition (no pun intended :D).

Raidingtime likes this.
  12. Raidingtime

Joe,

I realize that. This is mainly an idea to get more people interested in firearms. It seems to me that firearms is a polarized subject in the American community. I don't believe it should be. This is a way to reach audiences that would otherwise be sheltered from the firearms community and culture. We need to gain the support of liberals and democrats in order to uphold the constitution.

My idea is to man the stand dressed as hipster as I possibly can. I'm already a liberal democrat so engaging in that dialogue comes easy. I am also growing excess fruits, veggies, and eggs this summer which would be for sale at the stand.

I created this post to observe the reaction to this community and to see if it's doable. I don't see why it wouldn't be. Perhaps I should apply for an ffl before hand.

As far as merchandise goes, I can build psa ARs for less than $500 and sell them for a small mark up.

13. Ironbar

Ironbar Tigard, OR Well-Known Member

Seriously, are you f-ing high on drugs? Have you ever actually BEEN to a farmers market in Portland? Do you know the kind of people who frequent farmers markets in Portland? Provided you actually found one that would let you set up a tent, you'd likely be spat at and called names like, "baby killer" or something.

That is without question one of THE worst ideas I've ever heard.

Hedrin and Joe13 like this.
  14. Raidingtime

Well there goes that idea.

15. Raidingtime

Haha slow down there and change your diapers. It's an idea.

16. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Picture a booth at a gun show asking for donations to the Hilary for 2016 campaign.
    How do you think that idea would go over.

17. BlackRyder

BlackRyder Edmonds Well-Known Member

Honestly, I think this may be a great idea- what with the current hipster trend towards outdoors pursuits. I've been seeing more and more dudes wearing raw denim shirt jackets driving restored Volkswagen syncros (complete with custom plywood interiors) around the woods lately, and I bet you anything they will soon be adding firearms to their collection of outdoors lifestyle accessories. I think you may be on to something here (just a few years ahead of your time though- wait a little bit for them to find the need to move on to the next trend!) especially if you carry hand tooled leather holsters/scabbards.. A la James dean gunleather.
    Don't believe me when I say we'll soon be seeing an influx of ironic mustachios at our shooting spots? Check out this video- it's a harbinger of things to come..
    How to Correctly Clean Your Revolver Gun | The Art of Manliness (http://www.artofmanliness.com/2008/08/19/how-to-correctly-clean-gun/)
    Get on it before the hipster market is flooded with artisanal gun accessories and they move on to the next thing because revolvers are soooo 2016!

Raidingtime likes this.
  18. Diamondback

Diamondback A cold, wet green Hell Well-Known Member

For some reason I had this weird mental picture of tie-dye-colored, floer-power-decorated hippie-fied AR's... and now I need to find my bucket of Mind Bleach. :D

19. albin25

albin25 Lewiston Idaho Well-Known Member

Just had a great cross-over product idea...I'll be rich!!!:s0023:

Awwww, crap !!! Someone beat me to it..........:mad:

th?&id=OIP.Mbbc12dbe1f36307774b40808ab0c5d85o0&w=297&h=207&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0.jpg

Raidingtime likes this.
  20. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Tactical "muns".

BlackRyder likes this.