JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just ordered online a Leupold scope (VX-6HD 4-24x52mm) from Sportsman Warehouse and I was not charged the WA sales tax. I will pick up the scope at their Everett store, so I was wondering if they would charge the sales tax upon the pick up? Anyone has any idea?

Cheers,

Dan from Seattle

So playing around with their shopping cart, it seems like taxes for pickup in store orders aren't getting applied at checkout, but orders shipped to home are.

Check to see if your card was charged and whether or not they are expecting you to pay for it in store. If the latter is the case, then you'll likely pay the tax at pickup. If the former, you got a discount.

I will report tomorrow if the scope is ready for pick up. I am planning on getting it in the evening after work. Most likely it is happening the following. Sportsmane Warehouse is having a promotion on Leupold products in most of the states (except Luisiana) and this promotion offers up to $400 reward. One advertising on line shows tax free period included in $400 reward. For example, if I paid for the scope $1,700, I will get $170 in store card and the rest up to $400 covers state tax. My buddy did some online research and found this.

promotion.jpeg

When I pick up the scope, I won't ask any questions. If they ask me to pay the state tax, I will pay it. If they do not ask any additional payments, I am lucky.

You may just get lucky. Today I was filling up one of my cars. Glanced over at the pump and price was showing $4.59 for top grade. I thought that can't be right so walked over to look at the sign. Sure enough it was "supposed" to be almost $6 for that paying with plastic. I sure as hell did not walk into the station and say "hey I think something is wrong with your pump." :s0140:

Got the scope this evening and no taxes. I just received $180 store credit as a reward. At the end, I got the scope for $1,699 (total price) and got back $180 in store credit. The same scope sells on Amazon for $1,799 + tax and no rewards. Thus, I got a great deal on this scope. Now I am using the store gift card to order 34mm Nightforce rings, so I can put the scope on my custom Rem 700 308win (w/ heavy Krieger 20" 4R barrel & HS Precision Tactical stock, Timney Calvin 2-Stage Trigger, Seekins Precision Bottom Metal & AICS Metal Magazine) that I just picked up from my gunsmith.

I just ordered online a Leupold scope (VX-6HD 4-24x52mm) from Sportsman Warehouse and I was not charged the WA sales tax. I will pick up the scope at their Everett store, so I was wondering if they would charge the sales tax upon the pick up? Anyone has any idea?

Cheers,

Dan from Seattle
Be happy! The Grinch in Olympia does not need more money.

Got the scope this evening and no taxes. I just received $180 store credit as a reward. At the end, I got the scope for $1,699 (total price) and got back $180 in store credit. The same scope sells on Amazon for $1,799 + tax and no rewards. Thus, I got a great deal on this scope. Now I am using the store gift card to order 34mm Nightforce rings, so I can put the scope on my custom Rem 700 308win (w/ heavy Krieger 20" 4R barrel & HS Precision Tactical stock, Timney Calvin 2-Stage Trigger, Seekins Precision Bottom Metal & AICS Metal Magazine) that I just picked up from my gunsmith.
Sounds super nice though i am sad you went to Remington and dropped the Tikka brand?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top