JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm thinking of trying to build my owe upper the lower seems easy but can't find any videos or pic step by step for an upper.
This is the kit I'm looking at
<broken link removed>
Dose any one know if its a good one and also how much skill or how easy it is to assembly? Or should I just by a pre built upper?
Thanks any help is well appreciated

NICE! I just bought a stripped lower the other day with the plans of building my own, since I have not been able to find any configured specifically like I want (partly because there are SO many options) and also because it's much easier to slowly accumulate parts "under the radar" than drop a big chunk of $$$ at once and try to explain to SWMBO. That link gives me one more place to start learning about what I'm getting myself into!

You need to get this book: "The AR-15 Complete Assembly Guide" by Kuleck and McKee. It has step by step directions plus pictures of everything and also warnings about the pitfalls you might run into. I started from knowing nothing and have built several ARs using this book. I can't recommend it highly enough. One thing to be aware of, you need a special wrench to put on the barrel nut and the butt stock nut and you need a torque wrench for the barrel nut. On top of that, you need a way to hold the upper receiver while you torque the barrel nut, usually an assembly block of some sort so you can clamp the upper in a vise while you torque the nut. I actually got a bar from Brownell's (I think it was them) that locks into the barrel lugs to hold the barrel while you torque the nut. These things add to your initial cost, but once you have them you can do anything you want with your AR.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top