JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Good morning! I don't own any AR platform, but leaning towards an AR pistol chambered in 9mm before getting the more traditional AR-15 in .223/5.56 because it is very compact, small, and can be fed an extremely common (and cheap) round that I have plenty of. The primary use for this would be fun shooting at the range and home defense. Does anyone here have any experience with the Rock River Arms LAR-9 or any AR pistol? Thoughts on .223/5.56 vs 9mm/40sw for an AR Pistol?

r9pistol14.gif

The 10.5 inch would yield higher muzzle energy vs. a typical handgun:

9mmluger.png

I would be interested in hearing from others as well on this one. However, if it was me and it was available, I would lean towards lone wolf, if they have a 10.5 upper. I like the lone wolf route for magazine compatibility, but I don't know if they 10.5 upper or if they have even released them yet. I saw a shot show video a while back and they were working on developing a 9mm ar that takes glock mags. I haven't looked into it much as it wasn't a priority acquisition at the time.

Probably wouldn't matter too much for 9mm but for .223 I wouldn't go shorter than 10.5 inches mostly because it uses a standard carbine length gas system which is not as hard on the internals as a 7 which uses a pistol length. And also because I have an irrational fear of putting a hole through my left hand.

Probably wouldn't matter too much for 9mm but for .223 I wouldn't go shorter than 10.5 inches mostly because it uses a standard carbine length gas system which is not as hard on the internals as a 7 which uses a pistol length. And also because I have an irrational fear of putting a hole through my left hand.
Same here, plus I think the 10.5 is much better looking.

I'm holding out for the "soon to be released" Sig Sauer MPX 9mm pistol.
It is piston driven with an Armalite AR 180 style recoil spring system.
Quick change barrel/bcg .357 Sig and 40 S&W calibers.
Who knows when they will be in stock, but I have money down on the first to arrive and will SBR it as soon as I get delivery.

upload_2014-12-5_12-15-10.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads