JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think by now, I'd get out the tool with a thin cutting disk. As mentioned earlier on, get a thin strip of something to avoid the cutting disk from biting and going out of control. Slow and easy wins the struggle.

Here's a sneak peek! Pondered all day at work came up with an idea! Got the pin busted loose took a drill bit and electric drill and drilled down to the detent PIN and took a a very thin blade on a hand saw and lubed it up and sawed it all the way through the detent! Sawed the head off the front pin and boom!

IMG_20200324_000658.jpg

"Been beating on it with the mallet to no avail :("
I didn't bother to read all 6 pages, but here is wisdom gleaned from 3 years + of college (Associate Degrees in Professional Gunsmithing and Manufacturing Technology) and having worked as a gunsmith.

There is no problem so big or so formidable that it can not be solved with Brute Force and Ignorance.
-and its corollary-
If it's not going the way you wanted, you aren't using a big enough hammer!

You're welcome.

I am dealing with this now but was able to hammer pivot pin to the open position. I used paper clip trick to rotate pin past detent. Looking at the pin it is definitely a case of the open position detent hole being too deep/wide. I polished and lubed both detent holes and now the closed positioned detent hole works but open position does not. I maybe be able to file down some material around the open position detent hole but pivot pins are cheap so I will likely get a new one.

I am dealing with this now but was able to hammer pivot pin to the open position. I used paper clip trick to rotate pin past detent. Looking at the pin it is definitely a case of the open position detent hole being too deep/wide. I polished and lubed both detent holes and now the closed positioned detent hole works but open position does not. I maybe be able to file down some material around the open position detent hole but pivot pins are cheap so I will likely get a new one.
Some detents have sharper points that others. You can try to blunt the tip, but you might compromise the finish/hardness. There are detents with blunt tips.
KNS-PTD_00.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads