JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think by now, I'd get out the tool with a thin cutting disk. As mentioned earlier on, get a thin strip of something to avoid the cutting disk from biting and going out of control. Slow and easy wins the struggle.

Here's a sneak peek! Pondered all day at work came up with an idea! Got the pin busted loose took a drill bit and electric drill and drilled down to the detent PIN and took a a very thin blade on a hand saw and lubed it up and sawed it all the way through the detent! Sawed the head off the front pin and boom!

IMG_20200324_000658.jpg

"Been beating on it with the mallet to no avail :("
I didn't bother to read all 6 pages, but here is wisdom gleaned from 3 years + of college (Associate Degrees in Professional Gunsmithing and Manufacturing Technology) and having worked as a gunsmith.

There is no problem so big or so formidable that it can not be solved with Brute Force and Ignorance.
-and its corollary-
If it's not going the way you wanted, you aren't using a big enough hammer!

You're welcome.

I am dealing with this now but was able to hammer pivot pin to the open position. I used paper clip trick to rotate pin past detent. Looking at the pin it is definitely a case of the open position detent hole being too deep/wide. I polished and lubed both detent holes and now the closed positioned detent hole works but open position does not. I maybe be able to file down some material around the open position detent hole but pivot pins are cheap so I will likely get a new one.

I am dealing with this now but was able to hammer pivot pin to the open position. I used paper clip trick to rotate pin past detent. Looking at the pin it is definitely a case of the open position detent hole being too deep/wide. I polished and lubed both detent holes and now the closed positioned detent hole works but open position does not. I maybe be able to file down some material around the open position detent hole but pivot pins are cheap so I will likely get a new one.
Some detents have sharper points that others. You can try to blunt the tip, but you might compromise the finish/hardness. There are detents with blunt tips.
KNS-PTD_00.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top