JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok fellow nwfa folk I made a huge mistake as I excited to start my new build! I accidentally installed my rear take down pin in the front bubblegummmm now it's stuck wayyy good can't get it out any advice or should I cut my losses and move on?

Pics

IMG_20200316_005050.jpg IMG_20200316_005041.jpg IMG_20200316_005034.jpg IMG_20200316_005027.jpg

If it's not wanting to move just pop it with a mallet.
The detents can be sharp and dig in.
If you can get it to open there will be a small hole in the pin. Stick something through to push the detent back and rotate the pin then pull it out.
Then cut a few coils off the spring and/or file the very tip off the detent then reassmble. Should smoothie it out.

If it's not wanting to move just pop it with a mallet.
The detents can be sharp and dig in.
If you can get it to open there will be a small hole in the pin. Stick something through to push the detent back and rotate the pin then pull it out.
Then cut a few coils off the spring and/or file the very tip off the detent then reassmble. Should smoothie it out.
Been beating on it with the mallet to no avail :(

Sometimes it's best to move on... finish building your lower. Then come back to it.
That's a cool lower... I'd hate to see it break.
Don't beat it too hard without proper support.

I been beating it with proper support i can always buy another one but I'm not trying to buy all these small parts again! Pain in the rear!

I've had the takedown pins stick the first few times using them. They get better with some use. Although generally nothing more than a half hearted pop with a mallet to get them started. You could use a small clamp to give it a push start or take it to a local gunsmith that can help you get it functioning properly for a few bucks. A lot cheaper than replacing a lower with a broken off ear.

Good luck!

try twisting the pin Up und down while you tap on it....
Or if you can relieve some spring tension by pushing the spring back through here with a paper Clip...
Just spitballing...
Never had one stick that bad and I've assembled a lot of em.
93610A38-3ADB-4CB6-AADE-1BE4DACD2B97.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads