JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Get a razor blade and see if you can get it in between the flat side of the pin and the lower and move the detent back a little and I know people have said cutting the pin won't help.
But I think if you cut it you might be able to wiggle it a little bit

Get a razor blade and see if you can get it in between the flat side of the pin and the lower and move the detent back a little and I know people have said cutting the pin won't help.
But I think if you cut it you might be able to wiggle it a little bit
I'll try that tonight thanks for the tip

Get a dental pick and slide it in the detent path in the pin and depresses the detent/spring into the receiver and rotate pin or smack it directly with a nlyon hammer.
Ill try that couldnt find my pic but if I do the we will be in bussiness I bet....... Broke my pick :(

Last Edited:
Yes sir beat it like it owes me money
Work out a payment plan.

You have to get to the detent. My suggestion (if you're brave enough) would be to drill into the pin (along the axis) til you hit the detent pocket. Then use a punch, the same size as the drill bit, and tap the pin out. The idea is that the punch will push the bearing back enough to release the pin.

Don't screw up that lower. It's a nice one.
Maybe let someone else's husband fix it for you.

:D

ETA:
Grease in the fookin detent channel next time !
I have some 1500 grit that i use on the pins first, BEFORE i install the detents. And I will put some oil on them and sit and just work them back and forth many multiple times. I also use extended takedown sets on all my builds so that I have something to grab on to.

Yeah you're going to have to get something in the detent spring channel (something really thin) and try to manipulate that spring backward enough to take pressure off the detent itself WHILE pushing the pin out. I sometimes think it would be nice to have a third hand.

What I think is the takedown pin hole was drilled in to far and the detent is resting in it makeing it stuck
I had this issue with a safety selector once, the detent hole was too deep... It took ape strength to switch between safe and fire. Needless to say it went straight to the trash. I've since avoided cheaper parts seeing as that wasn't my first negative experience.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top