JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You can get feeler gauges and trim them down to slide in around the pin. Then using the mallet as the lower sits on the buffer tube extension tap the pin area while pushing the gauge in around the pin from right to left. Tapping it will momentarily release some spring pressure on the detent holding the take down pin. Get it in and slide the pin all the way out. Take a piece of sand paper to the detent and to the pin itself. Smoothing the exit side of where it rests. It will allow it to come out easier next time.

I use some grease when I'm putting a lower receiver together. The magazine release, bolt catch, and pivot pins since this is your one chance to put grease on them. Unless you disassemble your lower receiver at some point.

So this may help if I had said it first the pin sits flush and tight to the lower and will not budge from there. Pics to come of that!

I wonder if the " dent" the detent engages in the pin is oversized and it is acting like a locking pin and won't disengage. If It is too deep it will hold the pin and not let it disengage.
That's exactly what I belive it is. I'm almost 100% sure that's what it is.

Do you have a Dremel tool with the cutting wheels? Get some painters tape and put it around the pin to protect the lower receiver and cut it. Take your time since that is very nice looking lower.

That's the right pin.
The detent is stuck you probably need to use the hole that others have point out.
Use a needle or something to take pressure off the detent.
Then try a hammer and punch.
You might need two people .
One to hold the lower and the needle and the other to do the hammer work .
I would add some lube also just in case it's stuck.
Brass or plastic hammer and punch.

If your lower has the hole if not you need to get something small enough to get that detent pushed back .
OR JUST PUT IT IN A VICE AND GET A HAMMER AND PUNCH .
and hope for the best.

Ok you don't have the upper on there .just cut the pin and buy a new one

IMG_20200316_005050.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads