Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

AR-15 Lower parts kit issue.

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by speeddemon94, Feb 21, 2013.

1. speeddemon94

speeddemon94 The Rogue Well-Known Member

So the last AR I picked up has a very sloppy lower parts kit. I dont think I've ever encountered this before. Is it the lower? Or more likely the parts kit just being cheap garbage? Thanks guys.

2. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

how is it sloppy ? do you mean the fit between the upper and lower

there are several parts in a lower parts kit which parts are sloppy?

3. speeddemon94

The selector switch is loose, as is the mag release. Not a bad trigger. The controls just feel off. I just wonder if a high quality kit will solve the issue.

4. HahnsXD

HahnsXD Battle Ground WA Active Member

Is the selector detent loose, as in you can move the lever a few degrees in each position? If so, you can drill the hole a bit deeper to allow the detent to seat further into the selector.

Mag catch is as easy as using a tool to push the button in all the way and screwing the catch in or out.

5. speeddemon94

Yeah, the selector just feels "squishy". This of course is all just looking for a way to convince the wife I need a new high quality LPK for a rifle that I did not build. I do want to try and fix the thing if I can though... Thanks.

6. Troy18B

Troy18B Northwest Florida New Member

Your spring that sits under the selector detent and is housed inside the pistol grip *could* be a little short...... that would make it hold the selector in place, but not at the proper tension, if that makes any sense.
    Hope you got it fixed already........

-Troy-