JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Could be handy.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/20...e-speech-online-harassment-gun-rights-debate/

An excerpt:

"An app in the Google Play Store called "Gunfree Geo Marker" listed the first and last names, social media handles, work phone numbers or addresses, home addresses or name of living complex, as well as location coordinates for activists or people who promoted gun safety regulations, first reported by Fast Company last week."

"Harassment is par for the course," said Everitt, who is the communications director for the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence in Washington, D.C., and learned from others in the gun violence prevention community he had been doxxed a few days before Fast Company published the story."

I really hope nobody in our camp resorts to the sort of tactics that would make this app useful. This is no better than them posting the addresses of CHL holders.

I really hope nobody in our camp resorts to the sort of tactics that would make this app useful. This is no better than them posting the addresses of CHL holders.

I agree and disagree.

For gathering intelligence on our enemies, this could be a very useful tool.

Gathering intelligence - not playing silly games. Harassment is stupid. Dishonorable and ineffective.

"Never do your enemy a small injury." - Machiavelli

Yeah, this needs to not exist.

As much as it sometimes sucks, the second amendment is there for protection of the other amendments, speech being one of them. Everyone gets to say and believe what they want, even if I dont like it, free of harassment

I love how this idiot says harassment is par for the course when nothing has happened yet, but probably loved it and thought it a great way to try to shame when CHL holders names and addresses are posted in papers. The hypocrisy is infuriating!
I also hope no one on our side does anything with the info, however I wouldn't feel bad if the antis loose a little sleep worrying over whom might like to know they are defenseless. And what could be done with the info.
I for one, am not afraid to make them squirm. They've earned it.
Turn about is fair play...

Posts like this always make me wonder if this an infiltration by a gun control anti 2nd advocate who is trying to use the " spread disinformation" tactic, and try to get our side to drop to that level.

Personal informational attacks are nothing more than a proven and often used liberal tactic when your position is unsupportable by fact and existing laws in the Constitution.

Our position is supported by the Constitution, and as such we do not need to resort to unethical tactics in supporting and defending that position.

And before the OP gets upset about this, I fully support your 1st Amendment right to your opinion, and my right to dissent with that opinion.

While I do not think it a wise choice to use as a 2A advocate, I do see a niche for this and the previously released CHL list; Criminals now know which houses to target and which ones to stay away from. For now anyways...

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Just sayin'

So are you saying the gun grabbers are doing to us what they want done to them? While I applaud your sentiment I think civility isn't key note from the left.o_O

If you read carefully, there is only ONE (as in a singular, not the thinkprogress insinuation of advocates) entry in the app. A professor who worked on a gun-control app. It's more of a political statement, but the gun-control side is trying to magnify it as a travesty and indication of bullying.
A great way to turn it around on them if you hear it being brought up: lead them dedicate, even double-down on the outrage over the app, and then use it as an example to the bystander as to how the gun-control lobby uses a sliver of truth to tell a lie.

From the article:
"Only one person's full address was released on the Gunfree app, and it belonged to Brett Stalbaum, an associate visual arts professor for the University of California, San Diego, who specializes in digital aesthetics. It appears the main reason the app surfaced was retribution for one that he made.

Stalbaum, whose work address and phone number were listed, created a gun safety app called "Gun Geo Marker," which was released in the Google Play Store in 2013, lets local communities anonymously note places where guns are at risk of being misused, such as where one can openly carry a firearm."

Last Edited:
Although I would never stoop that low I would laugh my a$$ off if I read or saw in the news that someone sent them ALL an envelope of corn starch.... Just saying, :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I didn't read the article, however I have to say that what comes around goes around. They push for CPL holders to get listed, so why is it so bad that the tables are being turned here? Plus, if someone engages you regarding this topic, it would be super easy to get them all worked up about how wrong it is, and then ask if they think CPL holders should be listed. Might be (however unlikely) they pause and think about it.

I suppose I was wrong to think we shouldn't take the high road. We should continue to seek perfection in our actions and play by the rules which we have abided for years. We should not only be the grey man when it comes to guns and gun controle, we should throw those, whom on our side who seem a bit too confrontational, under the bus to curry the favor of the mindless sheep. We should show them the softer side of guns and maybe they will leave us alone and "let"us keep what we have....it has worked so well against the left in the past.....

And when the shoe is on the other foot......

They complain because it's against them now...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top