JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
welp, that includes me since I briefly had a glitchy ATN sight and the app was crappy and failed to connect frequently and the scope had 10 year old tech in it like having to update the bios via flash card because it did not ship with advertised features. Serves me right?

So glad Im in this fishing expedition. Absolutely never going to download or buy anything even remotely sporting goods related that has an app like this anymore. Hear that firearm industry?

:rolleyes: GETTING WHAT THEY DESERVE, DEPT. ; :rolleyes:

Someone using the app from the manufacturer to code their new "smart gun" to recognize their fingerprint on the trigger, and register their nose-ring "key" to unlock it, and feeling all "woke" and "virtue-signally" and Social-justicey"....
.... then, fatally discovering it was shut down when he desperately needed it.
Seems his neighbor called the cops because they were offended by the "wrong" candidate's election sign on his front lawn.

Talk about a fishing expedition. Use the app to track ITAR violations.

That's like asking a cell carrier for tracking info from peoples phones to fish for people who have been near a murder scene.

It doesn't fly

"The danger is the government will go on this fishing expedition, and they'll see information unrelated to what they weren't looking for and go after someone for something else," Ekeland said. He said there's a long history of that kind of behavior from the U.S. government."
39xq5d.jpg [/url
[/url

:rolleyes: GETTING WHAT THEY DESERVE, DEPT. ; :rolleyes:

In some ways I agree and in others I don't. I treat my phone with great skepticism -- I barely have any apps on it at all and those I do allow I try to make sure they are at least open source apps, but really, we shouldn't have to think that way. We have a 4A for a reason and it is quite depressing to see that it has been nibbled down to nothing but words on paper at this point. People aren't getting what they deserve on a Constitutional level -- they're getting screwed. Treating a phone like the toxic device it is because of the misguided Third Party Doctrine (*) may be realistic, but it ain't right and nobody deserves this.

(*) Third-party doctrine - Wikipedia
The third-party doctrine is a United States legal doctrine that holds that people who voluntarily give information to third parties—such as [but not limited to] banks, phone companies, internet service providers (ISPs), and e-mail servers—have "no reasonable expectation of privacy." A lack of privacy protection allows the United States government to obtain information from third parties without a legal warrant and without otherwise complying with the Fourth Amendment prohibition against search and seizure without probable cause and a judicial search warrant.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top