JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My wife and I are moving up near Portland and wanting to find a decent apartment. Anyone have any info on where is a good place and where we should stay away from? We are looking from woodburn north. She will be going to nursing school in wilsonville. Jobs aren't a big deal. Just a place to call home for a bit.
Thanks
Rick

Given the rush hours to and from PDX, I would look near Wilsonville and to the south. Good luck to your wife in nursing school! Mine is a RN who is retiring on May first. It has been a great career for her.

Wilsonville would be my suggestion as well. Wife and I lived there for a few years before buying a house. We lived at Madison Bridge Creek. It was okay as far as apartments go, but the building were rather old. Management was good to deal with, but dealing with the handy man was a PITA. We had odd work schedules and I would schedule work on the apartment around them. Twice they showed up a day early or a day late and tell me I scheduled them to come that day. I would have to turn them away as I was sleeping or my wife was.

Wilsonville is a great town. You've got Costco, Fred Meyer and other stores as well. No Bi-Mart or other outdoorsy place, but there is a Cabela's going in about 5 miles north of Wilsonville off Nyberg. Also lots of great places to eat, just about every fast food chain, Mcmneamin's, a Ram, two good Sushi places, good Thai and the best Moraccan in Oregon.

I totally agree with those who recommend that you keep the commute short, at least at first.

The time you spend/waste in traffic 5 days a week can make or break how you feel about living anywhere. Later you can find a different gig or another place to live based on what you'll learn during the initial 6-12 month lease. Maybe you'll find the ultimate neighborhood/friends/house/job?

I don't mind a drive that actually moves, but creeping in bumper to bumper traffic is despicable. My son and his wife moved here from San Diego (of all places) and HATED the daily trafic jams they encountered around Beaverton working typical M-F day gigs. Obviously, your schedule will determine to some degree how "rush" hour affects you.

With all that said, the Great Northwest is great when you're not fighting man-made elements. Welcome to the region, and have a rewarding new year!

When I was dating my wife she was in the apartments located right next to Wilsonville Fry's and the movie theater. They were decent sized, clean, reasonably priced, and managed well. I don't remember the name, but its easy to find. Also walking distance to Safeway and several restaurants.

My wife and I are moving up near Portland and wanting to find a decent apartment. Anyone have any info on where is a good place and where we should stay away from? We are looking from woodburn north. She will be going to nursing school in wilsonville. Jobs aren't a big deal. Just a place to call home for a bit.
Thanks
Rick

There are a number of apartment complexes in Wilsonville, some of them nice. My kids lived there for a while. I would not recommend going any further north than Tualatin and probably not even that due to traffic. You might look in Canby, but Woodburn is a bit south.

The problem with West Linn or Oregon City is the traffic can really pile up between there and I-5.

Are you moving near Portland or are you moving to Wilsonville? Those are two different things.

Either way, stay away from any complex that has the words "Woods", "Firs", "Arms", "Oaks" or "Commons" in the name. And stay away from any place that has the HUD symbol (goofy looking little house) on the sign.

One more thing; if she's going to college in Wilsonville make sure you stay north (west, technically) of the Willamette. The Boone Bridge gets backed up frequently and the next places to cross the river are either Oregon City or Newberg (or the Canby Ferry, but that can be slow and closes frequently).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top