Buster Beaver Cerakote
J&B Firearm Sales
Low Price Guns
Oregon Rifleworks
Southwest Firearms Forum
Sporting Systems
Gun Deals
Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

AOW Project

Reno

Reactions
It’s been close to two years without owning a shotgun.

Well that dry spell is over as I picked up a H&R single shot today.

I’m such a sucker for $100 guns.

Anywho...

I don’t need the thing nor would I ever shoot it as is.

So I’m going to file a form 1 to turn it into an AOW.

Hoping for a month turn around...

Should look something like this once complete.

8F9BB406-8A37-4D31-A0AF-93153E183C2F.jpeg EC381928-3CF8-41EF-A7B8-1CEDB3C1F9A9.jpeg

OP
Reno

Reno

Reactions
Can it be an AOW if it is built from a gun that originally had a buttstock?
I’ll have to look into it, might need to be filed as an SBS.

OP
Reno

Reno

Reactions
Did a bit of reading, though AOW in appearance, it is still considered an SBS.

Weird NFA laws lol.

So I’m building an SBS I guess.

OP
Reno

Reno

Reactions
Being an SBS I can put a stock on it if I like too. That would be weird.

I just want the iddy biddy thing for science reasons.

That and for those that think a 500 SW kicks hard... :eek:

In a break-action, so not a problem. (Pump repeaters, well, that, depending on the system, can require work.)

OP
Reno

Reno

Reactions
So thus far I’ve gotten kicked out of the efile site like 9 times.

Oh man, my last eFile Form 1 was a total dumpster-fire of an experience. I lost track of how many times I got booted off and it took hours to get the Trust forms to upload. If you have trouble with that, let me know, and I'll provide a work-around I learned of on another site. Good luck.

OP
Reno

Reno

Reactions
Oh man, my last eFile Form 1 was a total dumpster-fire of an experience. I lost track of how many times I got booted off and it took hours to get the Trust forms to upload. If you have trouble with that, let me know, and I'll provide a work-around I learned of on another site. Good luck.
Got it through I think. Printing up the cover letter now. Not my first rodeo so I know to hit the save button every page multiple times.

I think I might have missed an input box however (additional description), so I’ll be calling them on Tuesday to see what needs done.

Good deal. There is also the "ask the experts" option; I used it once and got a reply from a Special Agent the following day, so pretty fast turn around. (It was past 5:00 PM EST, so I wasn't expending someone to be on then.)

Good luck with your build. Sounds like a fun project. :)

OP
Reno

Reno

Reactions
Thanks for the tip. Sent that little box a message asking how to correct the mistake.

OP
Reno

Reno

Reactions
Good deal. There is also the "ask the experts" option; I used it once and got a reply from a Special Agent the following day, so pretty fast turn around. (It was past 5:00 PM EST, so I wasn't expending someone to be on then.)

Good luck with your build. Sounds like a fun project. :)
Super quick turn around via that email thing.

They said that the Additional Information field is not required. Line 4h where you put the information you would usually have engraved. So I’m going to leave it be.

OP
Reno

Reno

Reactions
Mailed out my fingerprints and CLEO copies.

Hoping to revisit this thread sooner rather than later...

My last eForm was, IIRC, a little over a month. (Which is slow in the real world, but super fast in NFA Land.)

OP
Reno

Reno

Reactions
All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth, err um I meant, form 1 approved.

LATEST REVIEWS

• Supporting Vendor Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I had a second gunsmithing job completed by Mr. Copeland. As with the first, he did amazingly good work, communication was solid, and the rates...
    • CountryGent
    5.00 star(s)
    I brought Tim a henry goldenboy youth and a vision of what I wanted. Tim made it come true at a very reasonable price, while others quoted me way...
    • Iceman04503
    5.00 star(s)
    Tim, has done several projects including a sweet 1911 .38 super project
    • Qochoc
  • Mary's Pistols
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic small business with equally excellent folks running the place. I was given fair value for a trade in and was able to order something I...
    • Red98422
  • Gooseneck Road
    4.00 star(s)
    Very popular service road with some unmarked logging roads that branch off of the main. Relatively cleaned up from what we saw. I just wish that...
    • Benzdriver81

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS

Staff online