JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hehe. If processing times for eForm have held steady, should have it back before X-mas. :)
Lol I was only one day too eager. Got it back today.

Waiting on two more and I'll head over to Sherwood to get all three laser engraved.

Made some rough cuts. Needs to hit the belt sander to finish the wood. Then I'll re stain it. Probably have Tim finish the barrel and then parkerize it.

146F81F7-95AB-496B-AC81-C726F8FECE20.jpeg

I agree, badass! A long time ago, J&B had a sweet double barrel AOW for a while, finally convinced myself to go get it and someone else bought it already. I might have to breakdown and do a form 1.

Little guy went down for a nap so I got to sanding. Stain is drying. I did an AK forend in this black stain and it looked very sultry. Once it has a little oil on it it shines up a bit more and looks very dark night like. I figure it would go well with the parkerize blackish grey.

Got another gun coming in for Tim to do some work on so I'll snap a pic once the wood is done, but it won't be finalized until it comes back from his place.

I might sneak out to the woods this weekend and try and break my wrist though.

image.jpg

Might put one more coast of linseed oil on it. Maybe.

I'm debating trying to just finish it myself. That was the only nice thing about the time I spent at TNW was having access to mills and a lathe for my own personal projects. I wouldn't mind access to their parkerization tank either right now.

Might break down and buy a freaking drill press. Never needed one before, but right now, that and a simple end mill with a set of v blocks could make short order of making the final cut and squaring up the muzzle.

That and I may see about borrowing a neighbors sand blaster.

If I can pull all that off I'll just buy the park fluid off Brownells and ruin a pot getting it done on my own.

Call it a winter project that takes a few extra hundred in tool purchases to complete!

99BE926B-9916-4A5A-9F8D-B4822B678C32.jpeg BCABEF3D-C605-4FAA-A844-F8D5ECABFFB0.jpeg 9B90354D-6B00-4311-9517-8D4D8C0BC251.jpeg

Need this...

Might see about getting something similar made for it.

1576293987369.jpeg

One other thing I've done with the Lupara is using chamber adapters to smaller gauges. Just a thought on those days you don't want to crack a wrist. :)
Good thinking. I've never given those much thought. This may change that.

Update.

Bought a drill press and two axis vise. With an end mill I cut the final barrel length.

It's at 7.5" as I applied and it's just a hair past the handguard. I'm debating screwing on a strap like the mossberg Shockwave. I plan on shooting it mostly one handed, so if I decide to hip fire it, I'll be extra cautious of the muzzle!

Got in the only part I needed to replace, well not really replace, just make better. A company makes a steel version of the plastic hand guard spacer.

Hoping to get over to Jeremy's to borrow his sand blaster and once I get in the parking fluid from Brownells it should essentially be completed. Only thing I might do from there is buy some wood polish and go to town on the wood. It will shine damnit.

40D856C2-CD7F-457E-AF07-E5AAD4A9B4C5.jpeg

Note to anyone thinking of taking a H&R single shot receiver apart.

Dont!!!!

Damn all mighty putting the hammer spring back in is a PITA!

Worth doing it all myself. Turned out great. Shoots great. Fun gun for sure. Should turn heads wherever I take it and anyone that wants to try it will certainly smile, followed by a possible visit to a physical therapist for wrist issues!

B0B53BAC-9617-45AB-9034-8F70FCBDC524.jpeg

Note to anyone thinking of taking a H&R single shot receiver apart.

Dont!!!!

Damn all mighty putting the hammer spring back in is a PITA!

Worth doing it all myself. Turned out great. Shoots great. Fun gun for sure. Should turn heads wherever I take it and anyone that wants to try it will certainly smile, followed by a possible visit to a physical therapist for wrist issues!

View attachment 647419
I am thinking of a very similar build. What are your thoughts on the length? If you had it to do all over, would you keep length the same?

I am thinking of a very similar build. What are your thoughts on the length? If you had it to do all over, would you keep length the same?
Definitely do it again as is, I wanted the barrel as short as feasible, the forend is the only thing hindering it going shorter. It could technically go shorter if I got a smith involved, by relocating the forend nut that is welded onto the barrel. If that got moved back, I could trim the forend even more, then I'd have submitted for even shorter.

At 8-10" this would be better if it had a stock. Which I can still technically do if I want to as it's a registered SBS. Though at 7.5" my barrel might be better suited for one handed volley fire type shooting. Which is exactly what I wanted.

I put a few rounds through it via "hip firing". I put my thumb over the barrel and gripped everything very tightly. As is, it's better to be shot one handed with an extended arm.