JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It's crossed my mind to buy an AK pistol to go along with my AK rifles, but instead of putting on a stock or a brace, to add a forward grip and go the AOW route. The forward grip might be a wooden dong like you see on some AK rifles. Does anyone have experience shooting an AOW like this with no stock but a forward grip? Is it fun to shoot? Can it be accurate, perhaps with a red dot? If anyone has experience with this or a link to a video showing this, I'd appreciate it! Thanks.

Not on an AK, but have a metric bubblegumload of rounds though an MP5-K with vertical forward grip (happy trigger version). The proper technique is key. A sling at the rear of the receiver fully extended will provide the needed support. Works on everything but a BAR.

No way you're hitting anything past 15 feet. Even an old school 3 point sling isn't going to help with this idea.

7.62x39 is not a pistol round

What Knobby said is spot on!

I own several AK variants…

The Rhomy "dong" VFG is surprisingly comfortable to use, IMG_1848.jpeg

My SBR'd Draco shoots fine if using the side-folder stock.
IMG_1341.jpeg

My Draco-C (that I left bone-stock because it looks so cool that way), as said before…. beyond 15' it's pretty much only good for "area suppressive fire" (LOL). In reality, without a proper stock, I consider it more of a (good looking) novelty piece.
IMG_1851.jpeg

What Knobby said is spot on!

I own several AK variants…

The Rhomy "dong" VFG is surprisingly comfortable to use, View attachment 1446584

My SBR'd Draco shoots fine if using the side-folder stock.
View attachment 1446582

My Draco-C (that I left bone-stock because it looks so cool that way), as said before…. beyond 15' it's pretty much only good for "area suppressive fire" (LOL). In reality, without a proper stock, I consider it more of a (good looking) novelty piece.
View attachment 1446583
That second one is a nice looking sbr! Saw a Garand thumb video the other day with a krinkov (or whatever they are called) one. If those weren't so expensive I would like to have an sbr version of one of those.

Not a pistol, but a bullpup AK with a fold down forward grip (clone of the AUG grip).

At first I preferred it folded up, but then found it was better pulled down (vertical). I always shouldered it, so that may not apply to your pistol.

That second one is a nice looking sbr! Saw a Garand thumb video the other day with a krinkov (or whatever they are called) one. If those weren't so expensive I would like to have an sbr version of one of those.
Draco's have an 11.5" barrel, Krinks have a different rear sight, the gas block is right at the end of the fore-grip, plus a sorter barrel and piston-rod.

Draco's have an 11.5" barrel, Krinks have a different rear sight, the gas block is right at the end of the fore-grip, plus a sorter barrel and piston-rod.
This is the video of anyone cares. Looks like a fun little gun but i researched it briefly and they were too expensive for my use.

The dong grip is a good choice. I think the grips should face away from each other. Especially with a curved mag. If they're facing the same way like this AOW, it looks messy:

(No offense to other people's personal taste. Just my opinion.)

Last Edited:
I figured it would go without saying that you shouldn't expect sum-moa accuracy @ 1000 yards with this setup, but I guess not.

So, don't expect superb accuracy. Minute of bad-doobie @ 50 yards? No problem. Social media approved groups, not a chance.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top