JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't think this idiot "qualifies" for the Darwin award. The article leads me to believe he is still capable of passing his faulty genes to the next generation. But I'm gonna like where this thread is headed. :s0093:

Pointy Antlers; How nature says "don't get too close"

A few years ago while in Yellowstone, a Japanese tourist carried his kid over and sat him on the back of a Bison. The bison bucked the kid off, then worked over daddy. I think he got a helicopter ride out of that one.

I remember a few years ago some guy got to close to a bison and it messed him up pretty bad. On top of that, the park gave him a fine for getting to close to it.

They can be feisty lil sheites.
I have had young bucks challenge me while on a tractor field and brush mowing and they
showed no fear. They would square off and paw the ground head down like a damned bull.
They would hold that pose till I almost ran over them.
Many times I would have fox, sit and wait for me as I made passes around a field catching mice as I scared them out ahead of me. They pounced like those arctic fox in the snow film. When I would stop and get off the tractor they were all teeth and hissed like a cat.
Wildlife is funny sometimes and they can tear ya up.

As I remember a Darwin can't be awarded if the "candidate" lives through it.

The Darwin Awards commemorate individuals who protect our gene pool by making the ultimate sacrifice of their own lives: by eliminating themselves in an extraordinarily idiotic manner, thereby improving our species' chance of long-term survival. In other words, they are cautionary tales about people who kill themselves in really stupid ways, and in doing so, significantly improve the gene pool by eliminating themselves from the human race.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

This is my favorite Darwin Award Winner - ( slightly NSFW)

[video=youtube_share;4nNV1yODY4c]http://youtu.be/4nNV1yODY4c[/video]

Not quite a darwin award, but sure will be if he also keeps going.
Ithica has this funny trait, it fires if you rack a round with your finger
pressing on the trigger it does the bang thing.
I love em, but people need to know that, or.........what you watched :D
Don't want to live near this guy !
Hopefully he didn't live in a downstairs apartment........................
Any relation to Biden...........................?

Actually, a Darwin Award winner CAN still be living. He/she only has to lose the ability to reproduce. Often that takes the form of death but other times the idiot survives but is unable to procreate any further, i.e. an early award winner who teabagged a golf ball washer on the green while his buddy turned the crank. (I'll leave it to your fertile imaginations as to what exactly happened).

Not quite a darwin award, but sure will be if he also keeps going.
Ithica has this funny trait, it fires if you rack a round with your finger
pressing on the trigger it does the bang thing.
I love em, but people need to know that, or.........what you watched :D
Don't want to live near this guy !
Hopefully he didn't live in a downstairs apartment........................

They grow them stupid in Federal Way.

As I remember a Darwin can't be awarded if the "candidate" lives through it.

Not true. To win a Darwin one does not have to be killed in some seriously stupid, faulted gene way. They simply have loose their way to procreate in some stupid, faulted gene way. True, most awardees do not live through it, but on rare occasions they do.

I have two examples.

Years ago late one night when I was a LEO on routine patrol I came across a 19 male in the fetal position with blood in his groin area. My first thoughts were he was stabbed. Long story very short, he decided to.........well.........neuter himself with a knife and (of all things) a bottle of scope. I'll just say his pair were not brass and leave it at that.

Then in one of my advance street survival classes the instructors told of a story of Cleveland OH PD chasing this auto thief on foot through this well to do neighborhood. The bad guy went to jump over a wrought iron fence, the kind with the spikes on top and didn't quite clear it leaving his pair hanging on the top. Yes they had pictures and we all ended up sitting with our knees together for the next few minutes just like I bet you are doing now as you read this.

This was in the days before the internet and if these guys didn't qualify I don't know who would even though they survived.

I don't think this idiot "qualifies" for the Darwin award. The article leads me to believe he is still capable of passing his faulty genes to the next generation. But I'm gonna like where this thread is headed. :s0093:

Maybe Bambi got the family jewels too.. we can hope, at least

people are idiots. my favorite one night was the 5 o clock news showing how some marine biologist group think they can tame wild sharks. OK. lets see how that works out for you.

Actually, a Darwin Award winner CAN still be living. He/she only has to lose the ability to reproduce. Often that takes the form of death but other times the idiot survives but is unable to procreate any further, i.e. an early award winner who teabagged a golf ball washer on the green while his buddy turned the crank. (I'll leave it to your fertile imaginations as to what exactly happened).

Here's the correct answer direct from the Darwin website as I posted back in post #7:
The Darwin Awards commemorate individuals who protect our gene pool by making the ultimate sacrifice of their own lives: by eliminating themselves in an extraordinarily idiotic manner, thereby improving our species' chance of long-term survival. In other words, they are cautionary tales about people who kill themselves in really stupid ways, and in doing so, significantly improve the gene pool by eliminating themselves from the human race.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top