JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello fellow NW'ers. I have been chatting with a fellow on another site that was trying to find affordable jerky to send to a family member who is being deployed. The consensus is that it is enjoyed immensely overseas, but at $25/lb (the cheapest I could find online) it is cost prohibitive. Then I had an epiphany... or at least what I feel is a good idea after 5 or 6 beers (although to be fair, I have had some really terrible ideas after this much beer as well...hopefully this works out better than my marriage/tattoos). Here it is:

I have a larger smoker and usually end up with some leftover meat in the freezer when the new season starts, and I bet some of you do as well. I have been giving it friends but just thought that I might start making jerky out of it and sending it to some cats I know who will be deployed. Buying good seasoning in bulk is very affordable (I use the Nesco packs off of Amazon) - $20 worth of seasoning would probably do a couple deer - so theoretically it would cost nothing but time.

Anybody else have any interest in something like this? I can do a couple extra pounds a year and I bet a bunch of other people do as well, either by volunteering time to smoke or extra meat. If anyone is interested around Salem, I have a bunch of seasoning and a smoker you could borrow.

Hello fellow NW'ers. I have been chatting with a fellow on another site that was trying to find affordable jerky to send to a family member who is being deployed. The consensus is that it is enjoyed immensely overseas, but at $25/lb (the cheapest I could find online) it is cost prohibitive. Then I had an epiphany... or at least what I feel is a good idea after 5 or 6 beers (although to be fair, I have had some really terrible ideas after this much beer as well...hopefully this works out better than my marriage/tattoos). Here it is:

I have a larger smoker and usually end up with some leftover meat in the freezer when the new season starts, and I bet some of you do as well. I have been giving it friends but just thought that I might start making jerky out of it and sending it to some cats I know who will be deployed. Buying good seasoning in bulk is very affordable (I use the Nesco packs off of Amazon) - $20 worth of seasoning would probably do a couple deer - so theoretically it would cost nothing but time.

Anybody else have any interest in something like this? I can do a couple extra pounds a year and I bet a bunch of other people do as well, either by volunteering time to smoke or extra meat. If anyone is interested around Salem, I have a bunch of seasoning and a smoker you could borrow.

My question is is why are you marrying your tattoos.
Just funning with you:D

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top