JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello fellow NW'ers. I have been chatting with a fellow on another site that was trying to find affordable jerky to send to a family member who is being deployed. The consensus is that it is enjoyed immensely overseas, but at $25/lb (the cheapest I could find online) it is cost prohibitive. Then I had an epiphany... or at least what I feel is a good idea after 5 or 6 beers (although to be fair, I have had some really terrible ideas after this much beer as well...hopefully this works out better than my marriage/tattoos). Here it is:

I have a larger smoker and usually end up with some leftover meat in the freezer when the new season starts, and I bet some of you do as well. I have been giving it friends but just thought that I might start making jerky out of it and sending it to some cats I know who will be deployed. Buying good seasoning in bulk is very affordable (I use the Nesco packs off of Amazon) - $20 worth of seasoning would probably do a couple deer - so theoretically it would cost nothing but time.

Anybody else have any interest in something like this? I can do a couple extra pounds a year and I bet a bunch of other people do as well, either by volunteering time to smoke or extra meat. If anyone is interested around Salem, I have a bunch of seasoning and a smoker you could borrow.

Hello fellow NW'ers. I have been chatting with a fellow on another site that was trying to find affordable jerky to send to a family member who is being deployed. The consensus is that it is enjoyed immensely overseas, but at $25/lb (the cheapest I could find online) it is cost prohibitive. Then I had an epiphany... or at least what I feel is a good idea after 5 or 6 beers (although to be fair, I have had some really terrible ideas after this much beer as well...hopefully this works out better than my marriage/tattoos). Here it is:

I have a larger smoker and usually end up with some leftover meat in the freezer when the new season starts, and I bet some of you do as well. I have been giving it friends but just thought that I might start making jerky out of it and sending it to some cats I know who will be deployed. Buying good seasoning in bulk is very affordable (I use the Nesco packs off of Amazon) - $20 worth of seasoning would probably do a couple deer - so theoretically it would cost nothing but time.

Anybody else have any interest in something like this? I can do a couple extra pounds a year and I bet a bunch of other people do as well, either by volunteering time to smoke or extra meat. If anyone is interested around Salem, I have a bunch of seasoning and a smoker you could borrow.

My question is is why are you marrying your tattoos.
Just funning with you:D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads