JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I haven't invested to put them on my rifles as I still have enough soft cases and not too many guns to keep in the safe but I like them.

The one I did buy holds my 2 piece fishing rod in an aluminum tube - keeps it from getting banged around and scratched up.

I haven't, but was already considering one for a new gun I'll have coming soon - I don't want to get scratches on that one. Most of my current guns aren't the kind I worry about getting scratched a bit.

I started using socks about a year agao because the safes seem to get too full of long guns. It does prevent rubbing and dings, keeps them clearner and I also put barracade on the guns before I slip on the sock. I attach a label on the ends so I know whats inside.
Sometime you can find them for $5ea if you're patient.

One of the things I noticed were some finger smudge marks on the barrel of my lever action Winchester. After reading the answers you guys were giving, decided to check out Barricade by Birchwood Casey. Between the socks and Barricade, sounds like just what the doctor ordered!

One of the things I noticed were some finger smudge marks on the barrel of my lever action Winchester. After reading the answers you guys were giving, decided to check out Barricade by Birchwood Casey. Between the socks and Barricade, sounds like just what the doctor ordered!

I do my best to not touch em without a cloth after I clean them - nothing worse the finger grease on a gun that will be sitting for a while;)

I know some museums use them on antique rifles worth several thousand per....a pain to put off and on using white cotton gloves but leaves no oily fingerprints. They are pretty affordable. My long personal long arms live in hard or soft cases.

Brutus out

^^^ That just got me thinking about storing guns that were touching foam or cloth. I'd be worried about moisture and contact points. Had a really bad experience about 25 years ago with a damp security six sitting in a gun rug for a week. Not a pretty sight!

I use them to keep safe rash down to a minimum. Nothing worse than having a few rifles marring each other up.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top