JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bore Stores beat regular gun socks.
I have stored old guns in them for years without any new pantina. And they're thicker so they protect the gun better.
They are about a buck more for the regular ones and a few more for the scoped rifles. They make knive,magazine ,and pistol sacks also
I haven't figured out how to do links on this yet

I have been using Socks for years. really helps for long term storage. For travel I also use Madd Dawg waterproof, floating gun scabbards. Really keeps things from getting knocked around our side a hard case. Pelican hard case when in transit!

Between lamenting space in the safe (or lack thereof) and seeing Hickok's latest video, i was reminded of this thread as i meant to pick some up, so i'm checking out those Borestores now.

Fair enough :)

From what i can see, the BoreStores are gunshaped, much like the handgun rugs, probably not what we're after, but i like the thickness/quality of them, perhaps for a special piece?

From what i can, the regular tube socks seem to be the Allen company stuff.

Check out their sight(BTW I am not afiliated with them) but they have everything from narrow shotgun socks to scoped rifles ARs Thompson contenders magazines and knife cases
I had 3 old guns in them for three years without any new pantina or rust.

Looks like all the BoreStore handgun stuff is handgun/rug-case shaped, i think their scoped AR 'sock' might be interesting though.

Contemplating just buying the Allen company stuff for my pistols and non scoped long guns.

Alright, wanted to update this thread, i'm finding two main types of silicone treated sock; 100% cotton and 100% polyester.

Well, some searching on *that* found two things; that some comments said cotton is a bad idea, as it holds moisture, and that several people experienced socked guns were protected from heat etc in gunsafes during house fires.

Bore Store stuff is made from "fabric" or "pile" - which, whilst not deliberately hiding, tells me nothing.

Its sythetic,just like a fleece coat
Even the cotton socks you are talking about wont hold moisture after they were treated with silicon. Thats the whole purpose of treating them

Thanks, got the info, though Fleece isn't synthetic ;) (sheep :) )

I did stumble on a a mention or two of silicone being bad 'for guns', however, as best i could research, it's referencing it getting into oiled stocks/grips, and even then, it seems to be only because it's a right mess to clean out if you want to refinish them.

Short version, ~$60 worth of socks in the basket, still pondering if worth it.

Clean, oil, throw it in a sock, forget about it. ;)

Bore Stores are great! Buy 'em
I also have the Cabela's version, but they are not as thick and cushy.
I have not noticed any difference between those and BS as far as storage however.

I have way too many 870s. I use the socks to pack them in the safe and forget about them

I use brownells brand. I used them too add to the cart to get free shipping

Annnd, i ended up just shoving them in with a bunch of other stuff from Amazon, think i've got about 14 coming in various sizes, all Allen Company.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top