Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

anyone selling 7.62X39?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by dobeman, Feb 6, 2009.

1. dobeman

dobeman Hillsboro Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I'm looking for non-corrosive 7.62X39 ammo... seems to have been a run on the stuff.. anyone in Portland area selling any?

2. pr787lv

pr787lv somewhere in the NW Member

The Security Store at TV Hwy has Yugo surplus (non-corrosive), 700rd @ $220. tel. 503-766-3632.

3. dobeman

thanks for the info... I guess gone are the days of getting this stuff for 10 cents a bullet :(

4. pr787lv

You can still get at ~$0.24+shp if you bargain hunt and have the luxury of waiting. For instance, on Wed I backordered 1k Wolf Mil Classic at Cabelas for $220+ship. They took it off the website Thursday (to be delivered somtime in June-July). I also backorderd a spam can at Sportsmansguide to be delivered sometime in April (~0.24/rd). :dunno:

Bite the bullet (pun intened) today, then, plan ahead.:eek:

5. jrc99

jrc99 Fairview, OR Member

If you can wait until next weekend go to the Gun & Knife Show at the Expo and there go to the BuyAmmo.com booth and they'll set you up.

6. dobeman

it's almost getting to the point you have to reserve it in advance.. but yes, a trip to the show it will be. thanks

7. pr787lv

Don't forget to check with the guys from Seattle, SurplusAmmo. I tend to get somewhat better deals from them than from the Salem guys.

8. The Cheese

The Cheese somewhere special Member

Still there was a lot of gouging going on at the last show. There were pallets of 762x39 there that were not moving as it was just about as expensive as 223

9. DSbur

DSbur Vancouver WA Member

Surplus Arms and Ammo folks sell their 700 rds. for $209 at their store in Lakewood/Ft. Lewis, but charge $249 at the Expo shows (don't ask me how I know....:huh:). They've got tons of the stuff.

10. pr787lv

With all the gouging going on at the Expo shows, The Security Store deals looks more and more attractive. Don't you think? And, no, I am not getting any commisions. :D

11. dobeman

the Security Store deal is still $220/700=$0.314 a round... pricey by old standards anyway. I'm still noodling over it. I did find 1000 round tins of some milsurp mildly corrosive stuff on CheaperThanDirt for $0.11 per round. Re: the Security Store - they do have a bunch of it in stock. Lot's to be said for that - pricey and all.

12. accurateone

accurateone Eastern Washington Member

Yeah I've got some JSC Barnaul red & blue box 15 of them with lead tip
    Wanted $85

Also have several white boxes russian made 123 Gr. hunting hollow point
    :thumbup: Let me know if you're interested.

13. bt97006

bt97006 Aloha Member

From what i understand it's $220 for 700 round tin.
    Idk if we went halves on a 700 round tin we'd get 350 rounds for $110 each. Can still go shooting for an afternoon without it hurting quite as bad. Shoot me an email if interested. I'm planning on going to Browns camp tomorrow.

14. accurateone

bt97006
    This is accurate one. My 7.62 is gone.
    Hope you find someone else to split with..

15. bt97006

bt97006 Aloha Member

Got my father in law to go halves on one. Its 700 rounds/220 for a spam can. Romanian steel cased fmj in 20 round boxes. Boxes labled: Hotshot brand(printed over an american flag?), made in Romania, imported by centuary arms, non corrosive. Haven't got to shoot any yet but my 59/66 is hungry and will eat some up soon.

16. accurateone

Thanks for the info bt97006, I'm more looking to 5.56 now.
    Have fun at your next shoot.