JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Apparently it was posted on their FB page and NOT on their website but a guy on another forum emailed PV and they verified it.

POWDER VALLEY
FYI – we have just received the following message from Vista Outdoors (the parent company of Alliant Powders):

"Due to the worldwide shortage of nitrocellulose, the Vista Outdoor supply agreement for the sale of Alliant Powder canisters has been suspended for an unknown period. At this time, we have no timeline for the fulfillment and will be canceling outstanding Alliant orders in our system.

Representatives will provide updates and coordinate new orders based on availability."

We have heard mixed messages from various powder suppliers about the availability of nitrocellulose, and therefore powder, over the past several months. This is one Manufacturer's analysis of the situation. We are posting this so you can have all the information we have and draw whatever conclusions are right for you.

I have seen several posts about this announcement. Yet when I check the website, PV still shows a variety of Alliant powders in stock. BE-86 is even on sale for a really good price (based on today's prices). The question is, when current stock is gone, will it ever be back? (See H-322, Universal, IMR-8208XBR and others)

1715447935447.png

1715447872604.png

1715448003783.png

Aloha, Mark

I watched a vid on this and the report was it seems a big part of the problem is with China being a major mfg of nitrocellouse - with Russia being the major customer (like 70%) and China's reluctance to sell to the US.

Last Edited:
I just read this:

Nitrocellulose Group ("NCG") is one of the world's leading manufacturers of Nitrocellulose, a product used by customers in the Printing Ink and Coating industries. The group is managed by a highly motivated team driving market leadership globally and across the entire value chain.

And guess where NGC is located - Bangkok, Thailand....

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top