JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wouldnt worry until the reloading supplies start to dwindle. I stock up when the ammo is cheap so if shortages come I dont need to buy at inflated prices or hunt for what I need.

Could be spring is in the air and people are going shooting?

Don't knock this theory. I worked in a plant nursery in high school. On a cloudy day the sun would break through. 20 minutes later the parking lot would be full. I've seen it happen at motorcycle shops too. I'm sure the same applies to the shooting sports.

I'm just the opposite. I haven't hunted ducks in 20 years, but the first cold October day I go buy a frozen log to sit on and rent a wet dog to shake on me.

I have a simple solution that will solve all of you problems....

XL_650-500x500.jpg

over the last couple months I've been noticing through talking to some of the local stores that even though they are stocked on the shelf they don't have any in the back to put out after its bought up and they are going on a week to week basis, talked to a few family members that are spread out over the states and they have seen a little "thinning" but nothing to bad.

When I was at Bi Mart last week the Remington Rep was there and I was wondering where all there ammo was. He told me that they (Remington) changed their billing and shipping program and procedures. They are currently backed up over 240,000 orders right now as per him. They are sorting out the problems, but with them it goes deeper because they supply other ammo manufactures items, so its not just the stores ar hurting, its everthing/

I went to a local sporting goods store to check prices on some rifle cases. I noticed they had only one ammo can of the M855 the OP mentioned while I was there. I went back to the same store the following week to purchase some cleaning supplies and they had 3 more of the M855 420 round cans. I think it may just be the stores, not the supply.

I just picked up a 420 round box of 5.56 at Northwest Armory this morning for about 150....they had a whole bunch of it and 7.62 sitting on the floor, with a load of other stuff as well. Didn't look like any kind of shortage to me.

I bought some boxes of 9mm, than had to go buy a 9mm to shoot it, does that count?

I like that! I'm going to use it as an excuse to by an AR-10!

Honey, this is the only way a can shot the metric "S" load of .308 we just bought!

I'm sure I'll get the usual "Whatever, Steve! I'm going shopping!"

Lefty.

Went the Expo gun show last Saturday. Got there around 1:45PM and went straight to AmmoSurplus, but they were already out of the bulk 10MM. Went through the rest of the show and back by Surplus Ammo around 4PM and they only had a handful of boxes of ammo left on their pallets(around 8-10 pallets). Lots of people at the show leaving with guns and ammo. Heard vendors say that they hadn't seen so many people since the election.

Went out looking for 9mm today at lunch- Bi-mart in Woodburn, and Wallyworld both sold out of all 9mm and nearly out of .40 s&w...Bi-Mart did have a nice deal and plenty of stock for Cci Mini-Mags for my .22 rifles and my Mosquito...

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews