JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is somewhat related- but after work I ran to nw ammo in Salem because their advertised price for 9mm was really good and being local, I could dodge shipping; only to find out in store sales are marked up since he isn't screwing you on the shipping. That is freaking stupid and I'll never buy there again...Guess I'll have to go to Bi-Mart more often and clean them out whenever they have it in stock since they're $2/50 cheaper...disappointing

People are stocking up for 12/21/12...............

Funny, my CHL expires the day before and I'm wondering if i should waste the time and money to renew it, with the end of the world happening the next day and all. But something tells me i should have my renewal paperwork in early, just in case there is a backlog due to new applications.

Lefty.

Does Bi-Mart sell Hornady Critical Defense rounds, I was looking for someone that sold them locally at a reasonable price.

As a hoarder of those times, I can tell you there is plenty of ammunition available. Now we all miss the $10/100-9mm prices, but those days are never coming back.

Here is a nice little deal, 1000 rd case 45 ACP Speer Lawman 230gr TMJ 53653 -- $225 shipped, These are old PD trade-inn, but not a bad deal.

I been wondering for years if the people who hold stock in companies like CCI and Winchester and Remington etc. Are the same people that want to ban guns and ammo. Everytime they open their mouths we as little paniced fawns run to the sportings goods store and throw our money at them. Only to arrive home crawling over top of the thousands of rounds of 25-20 and 303 British we have stocked up on because you never know when you might need some and not be able to find it.

The ONLY people causing Ammo storages are the people buying it.

Well the firearm I just put on layaway at buds two days ago went up by $11.:s0131:

I will have to keep a close watch on the online inventory for ammo, if the inventory of online suppliers starts getting depleted, I may need to buy some up on credit. So far, things are looking pretty normal out their.

I noticed handgun ammo shelf is all empty at bi-marts. Expect .40S&W lol

So I went to Wal-Mart (Portland 82nd), they had many boxes of hand gun ammo. :s0155:

I just got this email from budsgunshop.com :

Subject: Here we go again !

Message body:

After spending the first six weeks of 2012 attending various firearms industry shows, including the NSSF Shot Show in Las Vegas with the highest dealer attendance of record, there was one obvious recurring theme from every manufacturer we visited with...."we just can't make enough firearms". Although we fully expected another surge later in 2012, it has already started as the ATF continues to report all time record highs in background/NICS checks as well as Conceal Carry/CCW permit applications.

We are also experiencing record high sales on Discount Guns for Sale - Buds Gun Shop, actually breaking our all time single day sales records TWICE this month ! Considering we had no special promotions going on, and we exceeded every sales record dating all the way back to 2003, it seems pretty clear ......"Here we go again !"

As the national media and general public become increasingly aware of the deteriorating supply and demand issues.....we ALL know what comes next....higher prices ! Although upsetting to most people, it can also be an amazing opportunity for those who are in a position to buy "early and often". Whether you are an investor, collector, or reseller...you would be hard pressed to find a single more lucrative investment than firearms at this time. If you are not currently in a position to buy ?....you should still be very happy about the future appreciation in value of your current firearms collection !

To many customers, and even those outside the firearms industry, it would appear that gun dealers like us are primed and ready to take advantage of situations like this. Although there is admittedly opportunity during these times, it is nearly impossible for us to predict and adequately prepare for the sudden and extreme increases that can occur with nationwide internet sales. You do not have huge increases in sales without also having huge increases in phone calls, emails, shipping, etc.....so it can very quickly become overwhelming.

Quick panic!
Step one: Poop your pants.
Step two: Cash in your retirements and spend it all on ammo at full retail price.
Step three: Don't use any of that ammo for what it's intended for - either sporting/target shooting or hunting - but make sure to let every stranger on the internet know exactly what you bought. This third step is imperative so that you fit in with your local forum.
Step four: If you don't feel ultra awesome by the completion of these steps, repeat at minimum step #1.

If less people were doing that and having closets full of 10's of thousands of rounds that will never see a firearm we wouldnt be having the problem, again.

Quick panic!
Step one: Poop your pants.
Step two: Cash in your retirements and spend it all on ammo at full retail price.
Step three: Don't use any of that ammo for what it's intended for - either sporting/target shooting or hunting - but make sure to let every stranger on the internet know exactly what you bought. This third step is imperative so that you fit in with your local forum.
Step four: If you don't feel ultra awesome by the completion of these steps, repeat at minimum step #1.

If less people were doing that and having closets full of 10's of thousands of rounds that will never see a firearm we wouldnt be having the problem, again.

I was wondering how long it was going to take for a post like this to show up. I am surprised it took 52! We usually can't get past #10 before the finger pointing and amateur sarcasm end the debate.

IMHO.

Lefty.

Wouldnt worry until the reloading supplies start to dwindle. I stock up when the ammo is cheap so if shortages come I dont need to buy at inflated prices or hunt for what I need.

Reloading supplies i normally buy have been getting harder to find, and i got this Email yesterday.

From BudsGuns:

After spending the first six weeks of 2012 attending various firearms industry shows, including the NSSF Shot Show in Las Vegas with the highest dealer attendance of record, there was one obvious recurring theme from every manufacturer we visited with...."we just can't make enough firearms". Although we fully expected another surge later in 2012, it has already started as the ATF continues to report all time record highs in background/NICS checks as well as Conceal Carry/CCW permit applications.

We are also experiencing record high sales on Discount Guns for Sale - Buds Gun Shop, actually breaking our all time single day sales records TWICE this month ! Considering we had no special promotions going on, and we exceeded every sales record dating all the way back to 2003, it seems pretty clear ......"Here we go again !"

As the national media and general public become increasingly aware of the deteriorating supply and demand issues.....we ALL know what comes next....higher prices ! Although upsetting to most people, it can also be an amazing opportunity for those who are in a position to buy "early and often". Whether you are an investor, collector, or reseller...you would be hard pressed to find a single more lucrative investment than firearms at this time. If you are not currently in a position to buy ?....you should still be very happy about the future appreciation in value of your current firearms collection !

To many customers, and even those outside the firearms industry, it would appear that gun dealers like us are primed and ready to take advantage of situations like this. Although there is admittedly opportunity during these times, it is nearly impossible for us to predict and adequately prepare for the sudden and extreme increases that can occur with nationwide internet sales. You do not have huge increases in sales without also having huge increases in phone calls, emails, shipping, etc.....so it can very quickly become overwhelming.
If you find yourself waiting on hold, or waiting on a reply to an email, please reference our active customer counter on the top right corner of our website. If you are attempting to contact us during a high volume time (over 2,500 customers online) you may want to wait until the volume decreases and try again later. For example, as we are sending you this email, the number of customers currently shopping on Discount Guns for Sale - Buds Gun Shop is over 3,000 !

Firearms sales always go up during an election year, and peak just after the election is over. Ammo trends follow firearm trends. Ammunition and new firearms are essentially made to fill orders with a percentage of fill aniticpated. We beefed up our fall orders in anticipation of the election year.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top