Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Anyone here see Earl Blumenauer's survey results?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Shaolo, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Shaolo

Shaolo USA Active Member

I think it's time to let this guy know that the 2nd amendment was not put in place so wack jobs could run around shooting people. It was there to protect us.

2. blackgunsdan

blackgunsdan Clackamas, OR Active Member

I smell a rat! Who ran this survey? No one asked me my opinon! I am not buying any of this, Earl must have run this survey at an anti-gun rally!

Glockman19 and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Shaolo

Shaolo USA Active Member

The survey was sent out via email to everyone on his mailing list.

4. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

:bsflag:

novamind and (deleted member) like this.
  5. simpleguy

simpleguy Clackamas Active Member

I got it too.........here's what my response to him said:

August 27th, 2012

A few comments about your recent email RE: SURVEY RESULTS.

1. Do you understand that it is currently illegal to purchase a firearm if you have been convicted of domestic violence? Did you know Felons cannot legally purchase firearms?
    2. Keep in mind it is illegal for a prohibited person to even attempt to purchase a firearm. Tell me what’s wrong for lawful citizens would like to purchase firearms out from under the scope of governmental oversight?
    3. Guns are not illegal, people do illegal things. Guns are just objects they don’t do anything unless someone does something wrong or illegal.
    4. My driver’s license is good in all 50 states, why not allow for concealed carry holders to have their RIGHTS accepted everywhere as well? Driver’s licenses aren’t even in the Constitution.
    5. Your questions are misleading and are asked in such a way as to lead to the answer you want to hear. Why not ask unbiased questions? Unless you really don’t want to have a thoughtful, constructive, and meaningful conversation about gun laws.
    6. You should be ashamed of cutting and pasting the propaganda of Mayor’s Against “Illegal Guns”.

Ignorance breeds contempt and education enlightens. I have in the past invited you to a shooting range so you could see what safe and proper gun handling is all about. Today I again invite you if you like. Feel free to contact me.

Thank you in advance for your consideration,
    Respectfully,
    Scott Shaw
    Happy Valley, OR

6. DOA

DOA Aloha, OR -185th & TV Hwy Active Member

According to his logic and everyone that supports him --->Everyone agrees...take all the guns away and our magazines! This will save us and our families...when clearly he needs to read a better report on home injuries and deaths. And I quote, "Poisoning as Leading Cause of Injury Deaths"! Poisoning as Leading Cause of Injury Deaths

Guess with his logic, better throw out the dish soap, laundry soap, and anything actually useful in a home, because someone MIGHT DIE!

Very sobering fact really, and I quote it all the time when people bring up how DANGEROUS guns are. Why don't you look at the real facts. And from what I know, having read ER reports while working in Patient Accounting/Medical Records, more people probably died from drowning this summer than gun related deaths. "
    Every day, about ten people die from unintentional drowning. Of these, two are children aged 14 or younger. Drowning ranks fifth among the leading causes of unintentional injury death in the United States.
    [SUP]1"[/SUP]

CDC - Water-Related Injuries Facts - Home and Recreational Safety - Injury Center

Ban Swimming pools - anything deeper than 6 inches, needs new legislation TODAY!:rollingeyes:

7. Pauly

Pauly N. Portland Active Member

Hmmmm....
    If one's on the No Fly List, a list nobody knows how they got on, & nobody can question, means one loses their 2A rights?
    I'd have to say that kinda sucks.

ETA; Yeah, all my answers seem to be in the minority too. I took the survey.

8. osterr1999

osterr1999 Silverton, OR Active Member

The no fly list thing is ridiculous. My cousin was on the no fly list simply because his father is Iranian. By the way, his father has been in this country since he was a young boy.

Also, this survey is ridiculous. It would be like sending the same survey out to the members of this site. The results would be totally skewed.

9. PhotogUSA3

PhotogUSA3 Boring, OR Member

Actually I think we need to ban the water too... ;)
    Water can be used in all sorts of illegal ways, you can even kill someone with water!
    Ban water NOW!

10. Shaolo

Shaolo USA Active Member

I really don't think he could fit his head any further up his arse.

I own several high capacity magazines. I can't recall purchasing them so I could mow down civilians at a theater*. But apparently they have no purpose in sport shooting? I mean WTF. "Thoughtful and rational conversation... so long as you think that means banning guns" is what he means. This guy must really believe that if everyone had a gun we would all be running around shooting each other.

*I bought my high capacity magazines so I could spend more time shooting and less time swapping magazines.

11. nwdrifter

nwdrifter troutdale oregon Active Member

yes and if 70%-80% of the dems on his mailing list ( i know rep are not on the list) say guns are bad, that leaves 20%-30% of dems that said hell no, add that to 95% of rep and you would get 65% or more of the populous saying get away from my guns freek.

I know thats not what the poll shows but polls are only as good as the democratic you poll.

12. hermannr

hermannr Okanogan Highlands Well-Known Member

When you are a liberal democrat congressman, and you email your supporters...what do you think his results would be? Actually,sounds to me that 20 to 30 percent of his supporters should realize he does not need their support.

13. RB87

RB87 Oregon Active Member

"I asked: Should people with a history of domestic violence be able to purchase guns and carry concealed weapons?

You said: Yes: 15% (834); No: 85% (4,684)

Why I asked: In 1998, Congress passed the Federal Domestic Violence Gun Ban, prohibiting people convicted of domestic violence, or who are under a restraining order for domestic violence from purchasing firearms. Since 1999, hundreds of thousands of domestic violence offenders have been denied access to firearms under these laws."

Ah yes, the ex post facto DV gun ban. Misdemeanors count not just felonies on that one. Its pretty easy to get a restraining order against someone, especially in family court these days. Go ask Dave Letterman how he felt a few years back when a crazy woman got one against him in New Mexico because he was sending messages through the air waves to her every night at 1135pm.