JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If my understanding is correct, the hearing on the 23rd is for the 3 day rule. I'm not going to use the name used by the MSM, it isn't a loophole, it is a 3 day check on tyranny. I know the 3 day rule came about as a compromise needed to pass the bill, but it is a good one. Right this moment, many tens of thousands of firearms are going to the citizens of Oregon, and it is not because the state is letting us have our rights. It wasn't in my case, it was due to my FFL letting all guns walk in the days leading up to Dec 7. I don't know if it is incompetence or intentional, but it is VERY clear the state is slow walking the approvals at a pace never seen before.

What I would love to see is the OSP officer in charge of the background section under oath in Harney County on Dec 23rd. I'd like to see the following questions asked.

1. What is your previous daily / weekly / monthly approval rates back in 2019 (aiming to the pre-pandemic levels)? How long has the list grown?
  2. What was that rate in 2020 at the last "run" on gun purchases? How long did the list get then?
  3. How long have you held someone in delayed, and why so long? On some of those long delays, how often do they end up clearing (which gets towards denied rights)
  4. What has the rate of approvals been since election day until the 8th? How long has the list grown?
  5. How long will it take you to clear the list now?
  6. We all know it is bad - probe into the excuses and why it is so bad. So far we've gotten very little communication and they are free to lie and lie again to us. Get it under oath.
  7. What has the rate gone to post Dec 8th? Again, we know it is bad.
  8. Then the first killer question under oath: Is there any intentional delay? Make sure to possibly slip a Brady rule reminder comment in before the question
  9. The second question: Have you had any instruction to slow down the approval rate?

I hope the GOA lawyers are already planning on heading down this road, they're pretty dang sharp. If not, I sure hope this line of questioning gets to them. I think it would be a good line to argue with this judge that the the State of Oregon is already violating our rights by refusing to process at a reasonable rate. In a perfect world, we could come away with an order for the OSP to stop harassing any FFL that uses the 3 day rule.

If my understanding is correct, the hearing on the 23rd is for the 3 day rule. I'm not going to use the name used by the MSM, it isn't a loophole, it is a 3 day check on tyranny. I know the 3 day rule came about as a compromise needed to pass the bill, but it is a good one. Right this moment, many tens of thousands of firearms are going to the citizens of Oregon, and it is not because the state is letting us have our rights. It wasn't in my case, it was due to my FFL letting all guns walk in the days leading up to Dec 7. I don't know if it is incompetence or intentional, but it is VERY clear the state is slow walking the approvals at a pace never seen before.

What I would love to see is the OSP officer in charge of the background section under oath in Harney County on Dec 23rd. I'd like to see the following questions asked.

1. What is your previous daily / weekly / monthly approval rates back in 2019 (aiming to the pre-pandemic levels)? How long has the list grown?
  2. What was that rate in 2020 at the last "run" on gun purchases? How long did the list get then?
  3. How long have you held someone in delayed, and why so long? On some of those long delays, how often do they end up clearing (which gets towards denied rights)
  4. What has the rate of approvals been since election day until the 8th? How long has the list grown?
  5. How long will it take you to clear the list now?
  6. We all know it is bad - probe into the excuses and why it is so bad. So far we've gotten very little communication and they are free to lie and lie again to us. Get it under oath.
  7. What has the rate gone to post Dec 8th? Again, we know it is bad.
  8. Then the first killer question under oath: Is there any intentional delay? Make sure to possibly slip a Brady rule reminder comment in before the question
  9. The second question: Have you had any instruction to slow down the approval rate?

I hope the GOA lawyers are already planning on heading down this road, they're pretty dang sharp. If not, I sure hope this line of questioning gets to them. I think it would be a good line to argue with this judge that the the State of Oregon is already violating our rights by refusing to process at a reasonable rate. In a perfect world, we could come away with an order for the OSP to stop harassing any FFL that uses the 3 day rule.
Do we know what witnesses are going to be called?

Here's the link:

Harney Webex – PUBLIC
December 23, 2022 at 10:00 AM
Join from the meeting link:
https://oregonjudicial.webex.com/oregonjudicial/j.php?MTID=m6607b5cdcadb0e1c73907e88aca5ffd1.php

Join by meeting number:
MEETINGS.WEBEX.COM
Meeting number (access code): 2490 636 2369
Meeting password: HARpublic22*

Join by phone:
1-408-418-9388
Access code: 2486 636 2369 ##

COURTROOM SEATING: There is limited seating in the courtroom. After you have checked in with the clerk's office, please wait in the hallway near the entrance of the courtroom and maintain required physical and social distancing. We will bring you into the courtroom as other cases finish and seating becomes available.

When was the last time truth or sense, or focus was the product of a good question asked of our bureaucrats, news media, criminals, drug addict's? I think I'm seeing a connection here.

Justice delayed is justice denied, or as MLK Jr put it "A right delayed is a right denied." How is an infinite and indefinite delay on a constitutionally protected human right, in anyway conscionable under any sane rule of law?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top