JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Strongly considering this scope. For the price it seems great. Turrets are super crisp and the glass is excellent for the money. Assembled in USA with German glass (supposedly).
Seems to run strongly against the Nightforce SHV F1 but at a slightly lower street price. Any opinions on it? Any glaring weaknesses or advantages?

So I went ahead and pulled the trigger on this scope........

First off, the P4xi in 4-16x56 is discontinued by Steiner and there doesn't appear to have a direct replacement. Their earlier production seemed to have parallax issues and although they have completely addressed and fixed the issue, I think the negative reviews killed any chance of that model having continued success and so they nixed it. I only hope they replace it with something similar in the near future.

There are some still out there available for grabs though...and they are cheap. I paid $799 for mine from Cameraland. Doug from CL is a member on the Snipers Hide forum and that's how I was tipped toward this scope. It sounds like he bought up a large amount of their remaining inventory after the fix once they decided to discontinue.

Long story short: This scope is worth a lot more than $799 in my opinion. It competes with scopes worth probably twice that price in a lot of ways. The glass is super crisp, the turrets are very tactile and audible and it is rugged yet not overly heavy. There is only one reticle choice (SCR-Mil) While the turrets are stiff, it negates any need or want for locking turrets since they won't get bumped. It uses the Military series double turn turret, which is also similar in concept to the S&B PMII-DT whereby it uses a window to indicate by color which revolution you are on rather than a small marking on the body. The 56mm objective brings in tons of light and is good for low light shooting.

The only downsides that I can see to this scope is that it came without accessories - no lens caps, sunshade or throw lever. It uses mostly the same accessories as the T5xi so you can find them if you look for awhile. I would also like to see brighter illumination with the reticle. It's certainly not daylight bright but I wouldn't be likely to use illumination on a precision reticle during the day. Other than that, it's very solid.

I will get some pictures up here tonight.

EDIT*** Couldn't get pictures because my elevation turret ended up having issues and the scope needed to be sent back :( Fortunately, Steiner was reachable within about 1 minute of calling and the same guy who answered issued me a RMA/call tag for returns. I will update with information about Steiner CS once I get a working scope back.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads