JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Picked up one of these awhile back, knowing I was going to get a Canik Mete at some point. Well, that point is now, but when I installed the optic, I ran out of windage adjustment before getting the dot centered. And I'm not talking nearly there, at 5 yards it's a good 2-3" right, at 25 it's more like a foot of offset, both just barely in the window. I've only run a few rounds through the Canik so far, but it's enough to know the iron sights are pretty close to dead on. Have already emailed a query to Swampfox, but was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue with one of these optics, and what the resolution was. Nice setup otherwise, I'm really hoping there's an easy fix here. Later.

Dave

So that's strike two for Swampfox. I contacted them about an issue with a product, NOT because I wanted to be deluged with spam. So guess what was in my inbox first thing :mad:? Still no word from Support, but they're sure johnny on the spot with trying to sell me something. Not auspicious, I'm getting the feeling that I'll be shopping for a different red dot soon. Later.

Dave

I have one but have not had time to go sight in. I'm interested to see how this pans out.
So Lars, have you mounted it yet? And if so, were you able to get the dot at least close to inline with your iron sights? If so, you're probably GTG. WHEN they work, they seem to work pretty well, at least according to a bunch of the reviews I watched. But now I'm starting to see a pattern in the reviews that tells me they have poor QC. Their CS isn't sounding too great, either, but I'll withhold judgement on that until I hear from them. Later.

Dave

So no complaints with Swampfox CS so far. I already have an RMA and shipping label, and it looks like they're ready to ship out a new unit as soon as I get this one to UPS. Not bad, considering I'm the second owner, and bought from the Classifieds, so no order number or sales receipt. Really hope the replacement is GTG, I really do like the features of this RDS compared to most of its competition. More later.

Dave

What's in a name? I've heard sillier, Bravo Company and their pseudo-military alphabet soup comes to mind, among others :rolleyes:. If you check out their web site, there's some history of the original "Swamp Fox", which dates to the early days of the American Revolution. Not a bad legacy to operate on IMO. Later.

Dave

What's in a name? I've heard sillier, Bravo Company and their pseudo-military alphabet soup comes to mind, among others :rolleyes:. If you check out their web site, there's some history of the original "Swamp Fox", which dates to the early days of the American Revolution. Not a bad legacy to operate on IMO. Later.

Dave
Name, smells kinda Backwoods barefoot Hillbilly
Maybe ... name is tagged to some historic event ? .. Or maybe .....
-

Swamo Fox.png
-

Verify receiver/barrel/base alignment before suspecting the scope. You could probably effectively accomplish that by mounting a different scope to see if results are the same. If they are, it's the rifle.

Verify receiver/barrel/base alignment before suspecting the scope. You could probably effectively accomplish that by mounting a different scope to see if results are the same. If they are, it's the rifle.
Neither rifle or scope, CD, this is a pistol red dot. And because of the way they mount, there really is nothing to verify, either it fits the cut out or it doesn't. I suppose it's possible that the slide cut is wrong, but I doubt it. Already sent the defective sight back, hoping to see a replacement soon. Later.

Dave

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top