JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I don't see much about these prism sights and decided to pick one up (not to be confused with their T series which are basically upgraded Burrises). It seems this S series was produced for an undisclosed contract and aren't very common on the civilian market stateside. First impressions are that this is one heck of an optic. The field of view is as good as my 4x32 ACOG and the eye relief is very good at about three inches. The glass is Schott and superb. It's insanely overbuilt and weighs about 25 ounces but I don't notice it compared to an LPVO and sturdy mount. The P7TR reticle is odd but the dot is daylight bright and crisp. The MLOK sections are handy but you only really need one (red dot to be added soon). The mount is meh and I'll be picking up an R1X QD since its mount is the same. Overall, for the price I paid, glass quality, and modularity, it's a better optic than the ACOG if the durability proves to be adequate. Anybody have one of these/any negative experiences?

20210929_020308.jpg 20210929_020246.jpg 20210929_020121.jpg 20210929_020048.jpg

Last Edited:
Likely cost more than my house, so my interest is limited, but nice to see spiffy stuff now and then.
It was much cheaper than an ACOG due to stacked coupon codes. Never pay full retail!

The most expensive optic I've owned is an Elcan but they're also overpriced at full retail. I wouldn't own a high end scope (Minox, S&B, Kahles) as it would make me terrified to breathe on it let alone throw it in the pickup bed.

Last Edited:
It's discontinued per Optics Planet but there are several other models
Yeah it was likely just a limited run to the civilian market and not a permanent addition to their prism lineup. I like their T series but they're essentially a Burris prism with nicer features. You have to be careful when buying Steiner, their stuff is either super tough and high quality or overpriced Burris tech with better glass. A good example is their P4Xi; it was great around $500 but now they're over $700 and they're not a particularly robust optic.

Very cool to see one out in the wild, I just missed getting one of these from labplanet (optics planet eBay outlet store ),
Wonder how it compares side by side with the T432- the "S" is supposed to have a wider field of view and slightly better glass. Curious too how it compares to Sigs' cheap and cheerful Bravo3 & 5.
I picked up a couple of the Bravo3's and for around $250 they're not half bad

Very cool to see one out in the wild, I just missed getting one of these from labplanet (optics planet eBay outlet store ),
Wonder how it compares side by side with the T432- the "S" is supposed to have a wider field of view and slightly better glass. Curious too how it compares to Sigs' cheap and cheerful Bravo3 & 5.
I picked up a couple of the Bravo3's and for around $250 they're not half bad
Have you ever looked through an Elcan? This has the same gigantic lens which feels like looking through a large window. Unlike the Elcan there is zero edge distortion or blue banding and the image is perfectly clear and crisp without color shift. It's so clear that it's easier to use at 4x than my other optics at 6x, the field of view and clarity are on another level.

Ok. Got an s332 and s432 on the way, looking forward to trying them out and comparing against the cheapy Sig Bravo3.

They seem to pop up fairly regularly on OpticsPlanets' outlet on eBay-

Ok. Got an s332 and s432 on the way, looking forward to trying them out and comparing against the cheapy Sig Bravo3.

They seem to pop up fairly regularly on OpticsPlanets' outlet on eBay-
I've heard the field of view on the S332 is incredible. Based on its stats it seems to have the best field of view of any prism I've owned or used.

Got the S332 and S432 this evening- not had a chance to mount them up properly yet- just snapped some pics with the Sig Bravo3.

The Sig was about $260, seems to be it's everyday price. I have one on my Robinson XCR and I really like it. I'm a fan of low power magnified prism sights- had both the Acog Ta33 and Ta31, but didn't like the short eye relief and small eye box, so I sold them a while back. The Bravo 3 was a great replacement- it's clear, has a very wide FOV, useful reticle and generous eye relief, plus motion activated illumination. Downsides are size weight- 22 oz, basically twice the TA31. Upside- all the above, & built like a brick outhouse. And cheap.

ZE4d7Z.jpg

So the Sig is BIG.

And then you unbox the Steiners....

And the Sig looks dainty.

ZE4hWd.jpg

ZE47se.jpg

Threw the 332 on my MSAR AUG clone
:
ZE4TOK.jpg

First impressions- Clear- absolutely crystal- FOV is big, I'll get some pics comparing it to the Sig and the 442 later this week.
So far, impressed.

Last Edited:
Got the S332 and S432 this evening- not had a chance to mount them up properly yet- just snapped some pics with the Sig Bravo3.

The Sig was about $260, seems to be it's everyday price. I have one on my Robinson XCR and I really like it. I'm a fan of low power magnified prism sights- had both the Acog Ta33 and Ta31, but didn't like the short eye relief and small eye box, so I sold them a while back. The Bravo 3 was a great replacement- it's clear, has a very wide FOV, useful reticle and generous eye relief, plus motion activated illumination. Downsides are size weight- 22 oz, basically twice the TA31. Upside- all the above, & built like a brick outhouse. And cheap.

View attachment 1054188

So the Sig is BIG.

And then you unbox the Steiners....

And the Sig looks dainty.

View attachment 1054189

View attachment 1054190

Threw the 332 on my MSAR AUG clone
:
View attachment 1054191

First impressions- Clear- absolutely crystal- FOV is big, I'll get some pics comparing it to the Sig and the 442 later this week.
So far, impressed.
Yep, my 432 is one of the clearest optics I've owned. It feels like 6x because of the clarity and FOV. Yes it's a beast at 25 oz plus the 3 extra oz with a rail and reflex dot attached to it, but the weight is nicely centered.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top