JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Had an issue with a nearly 2 year old 403B, emailed, got a RMA and return label within 24 hours, had a new unit within 2 weeks. Email is your friend a lot of the time, especially for initial contact, from there, a CS rep can call if need be.

Not really on the subject, but a couple of other companies I've had excellent CS from recently are Swampfox Optics and Springfield Armory. In both cases, I had second hand (at least) gear, both companies honored their life time warranty, and that included return shipping labels, so no cost to me at all. Swampfox replaced a defective pistol red dot, and SA repaired the mag catch on a 20+ year old pistol, so kudos to both, I'll definitely be dealing with both again in the future, and likely Holosun too. Later, and good luck.

Dave

They're fine for range day. They're fine in general, I've liked mine for the most part. However, I've found I gravitate towards proven brands for SHTF setups. Nothing touches Aimpoint and Eotech and those are the only two worth considering if you're serious about your rig.

I have a 507c green that just eats batteries. I was planning on sending it back this week. Hope it's not a big pain. Think I have 6 optics from them right now. This doesn't go well I may be looking into a different brand

They're fine for range day. They're fine in general, I've liked mine for the most part. However, I've found I gravitate towards proven brands for SHTF setups. Nothing touches Aimpoint and Eotech and those are the only two worth considering if you're serious about your rig.
Never heard of Trijicon, I guess.

Red dots and holos are super cool but as far as shtf setups I prefer irons, no batteries, no buttons no bs.

Red dots and holos are super cool but as far as shtf setups I prefer irons, no batteries, no buttons no bs.
As somebody with severe astigmatism and cross dominance, irons are difficult for precision work. A dot will always be faster and easier to use in awkward positions but I have backup irons on all setups.

Back in the day I won several skeet competitions using a basic bead... maybe I should put a bead on my AR... ;)

Last Edited:
Never heard of Trijicon, I guess.
I've heard, and their full sized dot (MRO) was a steaming pile for far too long. It's fixed with the HD but is still overpriced. I'm a fan of the mini ACOG but the lack of a diopter is problematic for me. I'm a huge fan of the Accupoint, probably my favorite Trijicon product. Aimpoint and Eotech are still top of the class for full sized dots.

As somebody with severe astigmatism and cross dominance, irons are difficult for precision work. A dot will always be faster and easier to use in awkward positions but I have backup irons on all setups.

Back in the day I won several skeet competitions using a basic bead... maybe I should put a bead on my AR... ;)
Fair enough
As for the ar might I suggest the fiber optic insert for the a2 front post, works wonders for basic tech

Well if you have issues with your holosun don't waste your time calling them as they are not answering calls, sent in my 407k feb 22nd and still have not heard back from them.
Thinking next time I just go with sig, at least they will answer calls
Trijicon or Aimpoint would be my suggestion.

When shooting a RMR… ;)

aE6RV.gif

Well after a hair over a month and 3 unanswered emails I was finally able to get ahold of an actual person at holosun who looked up my rma and asked me what optic I was interested in since the optic I sent in was toast and I went with a 407c paid the extra 20 bucks for the rmr footprint and 3 days later I received it. Still not sure how I feel about the whole ordeal but at least its over.

For a backup? I agree, they're bombproof. However, a bottom loaded battery in 2022 is ridiculous. If they changed that and eliminated the blue tint of the glass I'd buy another. I tend to not use micro dots in the first place, though.
Currently have a Holosun 508 gr, and a trijicon rmr. I agree, the battery loading on the rmr is just dumb. The Holosun has a pull out tray on the side, no need to take it off. Still on my first battery after a few months. The other area where I like the Holosun better is the reticle. I find the green reticle much easier to see under glare conditions, against a light background. ( speed steel, on a bright day) I also like the circle around a dot pattern... the dot can be smaller, without playing " where's the dot", so you can be more precise on longer shots. The rmr comes in your choice of color and reticle, as long as it's red, and a little dot.
If nothing else, I have them both sighted in for the same gun, and my mount is a good snug fit, so it's repeatable after taking it off. The RMR can live as a spare in my range bag, in case the Holosun takes a dump in the middle of a match.

Currently have a Holosun 508 gr, and a trijicon rmr. I agree, the battery loading on the rmr is just dumb. The Holosun has a pull out tray on the side, no need to take it off. Still on my first battery after a few months. The other area where I like the Holosun better is the reticle. I find the green reticle much easier to see under glare conditions, against a light background. ( speed steel, on a bright day) I also like the circle around a dot pattern... the dot can be smaller, without playing " where's the dot", so you can be more precise on longer shots. The rmr comes in your choice of color and reticle, as long as it's red, and a little dot.
If nothing else, I have them both sighted in for the same gun, and my mount is a good snug fit, so it's repeatable after taking it off. The RMR can live as a spare in my range bag, in case the Holosun takes a dump in the middle of a match.
I have a couple holosun on pistols and have been happy with their performance. I have considered adding an RMR. I have a couple questions and would appreciate your input since you have each.
1: Is the base of the RMR the same height as the Holosun ?

2: Is the smaller window of the RMR significant? My dot doesn't leave the window during recoil and I'm wondering if that would still be the case with the RMR.

3: How much difference is there in the clarity of glass between the two.

Appreciate any feedback

I have a couple holosun on pistols and have been happy with their performance. I have considered adding an RMR. I have a couple questions and would appreciate your input since you have each.
1: Is the base of the RMR the same height as the Holosun ?

2: Is the smaller window of the RMR significant? My dot doesn't leave the window during recoil and I'm wondering if that would still be the case with the RMR.

3: How much difference is there in the clarity of glass between the two.

Appreciate any feedback
I think the RMR sticks up a bit more, based on that I had to use longer screws to mount it, than I did on the Holosun. I will get them out over the weekend and measure. I did notice the smaller window while shooting. My dot was observable through the whole recoil cycle. Depending how much practice you do, you may find yourself playing " where's the dot" a bit more on the RMR as you draw and acquire. I'm not positive on the glass clarity, will have to do a side by side. It seemed like the RMR was darker, but that may have just been because the dot is dimmer, and the brightness doesn't seem to have any adjustment. I'm hoping the RMR deserves its reputation for durability, because it seems inferior in every other way.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top