JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a Kahn O/U, the precursor (before Mossberg started importing them) to the Blue Reserve, which I believe was discontinued in lieu of the Silver Reserve. It's about 8-9 years old, bought it NIB, I have approximately 2700 rounds through it, mostly target and medium power field loads (grouse & pheasant) and maybe two boxes of 3" mags. I love that gun, swings nice and smooth, shoulders real quick and easy for me (I'm 6' & 200 lbs). I really feel for the occasional shotgunner this is a good buy. but if your going to put 300-500 downrange per year you might want to step up to a CZ or the like.

Thanks for the feedback, i'd forgotten i posted this :oops:

I do put that downrange each year these days, but i ended up going all out in the end and grabbed a nice Winchester 101 :D

I second Tahoe on both points he made.

It's a good gun. Bought one for my little brother when he started shooting clays with me. I've shot it a handful of times and it's a good gun for what you pay for it. I do love the wood that some of them come with though!

I have the CZ Canvasback and I can't say that I went wrong when I bought it. Swings great, great weight to it, shoulders fast and smooth.

Overall it depends on how much you shoot and how much $$$ you're willing to separate with. I try and do 3-5 rounds of skeet or trap a week, and there are guys that shoot as much or less than I do that go and buy Berettas anyways. If it was me, and I shoot A LOT, I'd probably put the money back another month and get a CZ again.

I kind of determined that it was an entry level type gun, which is what i was replacing (see Remington pics just posted in the 'show your guns' thread)

I really liked the way the SR2 looked, very fancy for it's level, and i know that i'd never put more rounds down range than the CZ will handle, but i went ahead and splurged (most expensive gun to date :( ) on the Winchester, guess i'm not swapping that out ;)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top