Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Anyone got a Silver Reserve 2 (Mossberg)

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by F2CMaDMaXX, Mar 29, 2014.

1. F2CMaDMaXX

F2CMaDMaXX West of Portland from England Bullet goes where now? Staff Member Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I'm looking at one and wondered if anyone has one or has some thoughts on them?

2. tahoe2

tahoe2 Seattle area, Washington state Member

I have a Kahn O/U, the precursor (before Mossberg started importing them) to the Blue Reserve, which I believe was discontinued in lieu of the Silver Reserve. It's about 8-9 years old, bought it NIB, I have approximately 2700 rounds through it, mostly target and medium power field loads (grouse & pheasant) and maybe two boxes of 3" mags. I love that gun, swings nice and smooth, shoulders real quick and easy for me (I'm 6' & 200 lbs). I really feel for the occasional shotgunner this is a good buy. but if your going to put 300-500 downrange per year you might want to step up to a CZ or the like.

3. F2CMaDMaXX

F2CMaDMaXX West of Portland from England Bullet goes where now? Staff Member Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Thanks for the feedback, i'd forgotten i posted this :oops:

I do put that downrange each year these days, but i ended up going all out in the end and grabbed a nice Winchester 101 :D

tahoe2 and misplacedtexan like this.
  4. misplacedtexan

misplacedtexan Beaverton, OR Active Member

I second Tahoe on both points he made.

It's a good gun. Bought one for my little brother when he started shooting clays with me. I've shot it a handful of times and it's a good gun for what you pay for it. I do love the wood that some of them come with though!

I have the CZ Canvasback and I can't say that I went wrong when I bought it. Swings great, great weight to it, shoulders fast and smooth.

Overall it depends on how much you shoot and how much $$$ you're willing to separate with. I try and do 3-5 rounds of skeet or trap a week, and there are guys that shoot as much or less than I do that go and buy Berettas anyways. If it was me, and I shoot A LOT, I'd probably put the money back another month and get a CZ again.

5. F2CMaDMaXX

I kind of determined that it was an entry level type gun, which is what i was replacing (see Remington pics just posted in the 'show your guns' thread)

I really liked the way the SR2 looked, very fancy for it's level, and i know that i'd never put more rounds down range than the CZ will handle, but i went ahead and splurged (most expensive gun to date :( ) on the Winchester, guess i'm not swapping that out ;)

6. tahoe2

tahoe2 Seattle area, Washington state Member

I think you will be very satisfied with the 101, a very good gun in my opinion!!

F2CMaDMaXX likes this.
  7. F2CMaDMaXX

I hope so, check the 'show your guns' thread for some shiny pics :)