JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you have your pistol for "self defense", forget the sights...There's a GOOD chance that you won't have time to use them. It's best to practice "point-shooting", and survive in a REAL gunfight. "Take your time, in a hurry"...Wyatt Earp.

Yes. I was taught to point shoot back in the Army in the late 60's. I'm still good out to about 10 yards thankfully. Body odor distance I really ain't gonna need no stinkin' sights just pull and shoot. I like Wyatt's advice. Thanks.

If you have your pistol for "self defense", forget the sights...There's a GOOD chance that you won't have time to use them. It's best to practice "point-shooting", and survive in a REAL gunfight. "Take your time, in a hurry"...Wyatt Earp.
Right. Fail. Front sight. At least for mortals..

and add
and everyone is a mortal. be nice to learn thinesef to shoot though.. from retention to 500 yards.. with a pistol/common handgun.

Last Edited:
I have XS big dot sights on my Glock 23. Fast on target, more than adequate precision at gun fight distance; the more distance the more time to aim. Very good sight in low light. The XS big dot is not a competition bulls-eye system, it is for fighting. Practice improves accuracy a lot. Funny how that works.

I have XS Big dots on my G43. Plenty accurate out to 20 yrds or so the one time I put them on paper. However, I hate bullseye shooting and prefer to ring steel at defensive distances all day long. They are very fast, and accuracy is never an issue. Great carry sights, but it all depends on user preference and what you will be doing with the gun you put them on.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top