JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I think I'll take the trip to see how this is gonna go down. A buddy and I thought about letting our voices be heard but not sure how to get our names on the list. It was a last minute thought so I'll just watch....

***Spoiler alert***

Nothing but a phony dog and pony show, the demokkkRats are going to pass it no matter what,,, :confused:

Well so be it. Maybe the "amendment" will pass and bring it to the voters...If we get shot down by the voters, at least everyone's voice would somewhat be heard instead of these people shoving their "emergency" down our throats. That's NOT how our government is supposed to be run.

....and then the recalls start to be pushed....

[email protected] What I sent:

Please Vote no on SB 941.

SB 941 as it is written goes far beyond closing a background check loophole for all private Sales.

It puts a ridiculously cumbersome burden on temporary transfers/exchanges between long time Friends and neighbors who might want to lend, borrow or safe keep a Firearm for a time period.

It will also encourage many trades and sales that now happen Legally out in the open with I.D. checks and Bills of Sale exchanged between honest Citizens, to go underground. Hidden in the shadows with the criminals.

Just another unintended consequence of this "Feel Good" accomplish nothing Bill.

More guns sold and traded than ever before without what most of us do now. A Drivers License checked and a Bill of Sale.

To avoid the hassle of traveling, paying a Fee, and waiting for an undetermined time for a background check. Many people will start doing what you are trying to stop. No questions asked no I.Ds exchanged private gun sales!
Thanks to this Bill I feel MORE GUNS WILL GET IN THE HANDS OF BAD PEOPLE!

Do us all a favor and VOTE NO ON SB 941 PLEASE!

***Spoiler alert***

Nothing but a phony dog and pony show, the demokkkRats are going to pass it no matter what,,, :confused:

So you are staying out of it? Not even trying? These people were stopped on gun Bills last time by us. They know we are still here and they know we are getting more organized.

Super Majority or not, they have some fear of us. They know we are not all Republicans and they want to stay in office so It would be a good thing if you got involved. Every little bit helps.

You register to speak at 11:00 am according to OFF. There will be a line-up prior to that I'm sure.

I'm going. Went last time just wasn't called I will sign up again I will be heard we have the time now it seems.
If you really care you will testify you have to if you want those idiots to understand that we have had enough and won't stand for infringements on the 2nd.

Dear Honorable Committee Members,
I respectfully urge your no vote on SB 941 and any "universal background check" bill. This bill in its current form has been subject to misinformation by its sponsors and does nothing to prevent criminals from obtaining guns.

The small chance that it would prevent a criminal from obtaining a gun through a private sale does not justify the harm and onerous conditions that the bill's provisions would subject otherwise law-abiding citizens to.

If it is about preventing criminals from obtaining firearms through a private sale, then why are current Concealed Handgun License holders not exempt? CHL holders already have been subjected to an extensive criminal background check.

I am a law enforcement officer, yet under the current bill I could not give my firearms to a trusted friend for safekeeping without a background check.

I am an NRA Certified Firearms Instructor. I lend rifles to 4h clubs for use by youths who might not otherwise afford a rifle or ammunition. Under the current bill I would have to lend them the rifle before each range session and take possession of it after each range session. Why cannot trusted, vetted 4h leaders take possession of these rifles for the season without a background check? The same goes for youths who might not have a rifle for hunting season. It is impractical to give the rifle during each day's hunt, only to have to take it back at the end of the day. Why can I not lend a rifle to a trusted friend for the duration of a hunting season or longer (not for only the duration of a hunting activity) without a background check?

Has anyone considered the increase of traffic on Oregon's background check system? The chance of an error where either a law abiding citizen is denied or worse yet, the chance that an otherwise prohibited person is approved increases with the increased work load of the system.

There is already a voluntary background check system in place for those who wish to utilize it.

Why the emergency clause? If this bill is worthy of the light of day, shouldn't Oregon's citizens be allowed redress through ballot measure? Is this not the very definition of democracy?

Lastly, I am a Law Enforcement a Officer. My Sheriff, Glenn Palmer, has gone on record as opposing the bill and has further stated that, as it is unenforceable, by definition he has no intention of enforcing it. I share in that conviction. I will not abuse the powers afforded me as an Oregon Peace Officer in enforcing an unenforceable law.

Punish criminal actors, particularly if they use a firearm in the commission of an unlawful act. Invest in mental health treatment programs.

Do not make criminals of Oregon's citizens. Defeat this ill conceived, poorly written bill.

Respectfully,
Xxxxxxx
Firearm Safety Instructor
Range Safety Officer
Law Enforcement Officer

Canyon City, Oregon

Sent from my iPad

I couldn't get out of work today, but I'm hoping as many folks in opposition show up to this one as showed up for the last one. And I hope it makes a point to enough of these politicians that this is a poor choice for them to make. Thanks to all who can make it on behalf of those of us that can't. For me, it will have to stick with emails and calls.

BDA 45 invited testimony starts at one and goes till three
commoners have from three to ten pm
The sign in sheet will be outside hearing room 50 starting at 11:30amI would hope that they will allow people to sign in all day long ?

Heading down there pretty soon. Anyone have some input on CC while there???
You have very right to carry they will ask at the front door and ask to see your carry permit they will then ask you to put your permit in a plastic and wear it around your neck.
I told them I will not be marked and they dropped their plastic envelope idea back on the table.

You can and you should. there is no law for this. There isn't a law that says you have to show your licence but they like to shove you around as much as they can

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews