JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've suddenly become a fan of the Walther PPKs and other Walthers like them. I'd like to get one soon, and am wanting an older one, not one of the S&W ones. Any tips on what to look for? I want a .380 or 9mm. Which models can you get a threaded barrel for? I'd like to get a 9mm suppressor soon, and I'd like to be able to use it on the Walther too....thanks, I know nothing about these pistols except for they look cool and feel good in my hand.

I have an old Walther PP from the 1960's (.32), but I haven't had it long and I'm certainly no expert.

You might check out this Walther forum. It has some very knowledgeable and helpful people: PP and TP Series - WaltherForums

IMG_3629.jpg

The '68 GCA forced redesign of the PPK frames so the earlier ones will be a bit slimmer and lighter but they have generally been good quality semi-autos. The PPK/PP frames (and variants) were not designed for and never produced in 9mm. The Walther P-38 that replaced the Luger was chambered in 9mm but is a completely different frame and style. Similarly, the newer P99 variants chambered in 9mm (etc.) are quite different. Effectiveness of .380 or .32 ACP cartridges for defensive purposes is a separate subject. Threaded barrels are more available for more current models. I'd say a threaded barrel for an older PPK or similar would be an expensive custom job.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top