Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Any Walther Experts Here?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by RedneckRampage, Nov 26, 2011.

1. RedneckRampage

RedneckRampage Newberg Well-Known Member

I've suddenly become a fan of the Walther PPKs and other Walthers like them. I'd like to get one soon, and am wanting an older one, not one of the S&W ones. Any tips on what to look for? I want a .380 or 9mm. Which models can you get a threaded barrel for? I'd like to get a 9mm suppressor soon, and I'd like to be able to use it on the Walther too....thanks, I know nothing about these pistols except for they look cool and feel good in my hand.

2. billdeserthills

billdeserthills Cave Creek, Arizony Well-Known Member

The PPK's I have sold have mostly been available in .32 & .380 calibers, I have seen .22LR in older PPK's, but I never heard of a 9mm, other than the 9mm Kurtz (.380 acp)

3. B-Towner

B-Towner Western Washington Member

I have an old Walther PP from the 1960's (.32), but I haven't had it long and I'm certainly no expert.

You might check out this Walther forum. It has some very knowledgeable and helpful people: PP and TP Series - WaltherForums

IMG_3629.jpg

4. Browning55

Browning55 Seattle-Everett Area Active Member

The '68 GCA forced redesign of the PPK frames so the earlier ones will be a bit slimmer and lighter but they have generally been good quality semi-autos. The PPK/PP frames (and variants) were not designed for and never produced in 9mm. The Walther P-38 that replaced the Luger was chambered in 9mm but is a completely different frame and style. Similarly, the newer P99 variants chambered in 9mm (etc.) are quite different. Effectiveness of .380 or .32 ACP cartridges for defensive purposes is a separate subject. Threaded barrels are more available for more current models. I'd say a threaded barrel for an older PPK or similar would be an expensive custom job.