JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've suddenly become a fan of the Walther PPKs and other Walthers like them. I'd like to get one soon, and am wanting an older one, not one of the S&W ones. Any tips on what to look for? I want a .380 or 9mm. Which models can you get a threaded barrel for? I'd like to get a 9mm suppressor soon, and I'd like to be able to use it on the Walther too....thanks, I know nothing about these pistols except for they look cool and feel good in my hand.

I have an old Walther PP from the 1960's (.32), but I haven't had it long and I'm certainly no expert.

You might check out this Walther forum. It has some very knowledgeable and helpful people: PP and TP Series - WaltherForums

IMG_3629.jpg

The '68 GCA forced redesign of the PPK frames so the earlier ones will be a bit slimmer and lighter but they have generally been good quality semi-autos. The PPK/PP frames (and variants) were not designed for and never produced in 9mm. The Walther P-38 that replaced the Luger was chambered in 9mm but is a completely different frame and style. Similarly, the newer P99 variants chambered in 9mm (etc.) are quite different. Effectiveness of .380 or .32 ACP cartridges for defensive purposes is a separate subject. Threaded barrels are more available for more current models. I'd say a threaded barrel for an older PPK or similar would be an expensive custom job.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top