JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Brownells has been running some great deals on barreled actions. I am lightly thinking about picking one up for a handgun build, sort of like the Remington XP-100s.

1704710924844.png
If you have built one yourself what did you use for a frame? What cartridge was it chambered for and what barrel length did you end up at?

I am looking at this barreled action in particular. I may leave the length as is, so I could use it for rifle use as well. Of course first application would be in pistol frame for legal purposes.

The easiest and most versatile frame solution would be an MDT LSS chassis. It would serve as a handgun frame when no stock was attached but could be used as a rifle chassis when a buttstock was attached. This chassis uses standard AR pistol grips.

1704715377846.png

Last Edited:
There's a gorgeous XP-100 pistol at H&K gunshop in Forest Grove, IIRC ~$1,200. Don't remember the chambering.
To build one as beautiful as that, you would spend a lot more.
$1200 seems cheap compared to this Q mini fix at $3000

$1200 seems cheap compared to this Q mini fix at $3000

Talk to Marv there.

Talk to Marv there.
I appreciated the heads up on that find. I should probably let somebody else have that one, since beautiful and my gun collection don't go together. I am thinking about something cheaper and with a 16+ inch threaded barrel. I would like to have the option of using the barreled action as a rifle too. An ugly more modern look will fit right in with the rest of my collection.

I am saving a virgin M5 lower for a straight pull single shot 308 build but it's not the same as a turn bolt action.

MDT LSS might be kinda heavy for a pistol.

If you are going to use a 16"+ barrel, there is no point in building a pistol.

Lol. What if he wanted to put a stock on it later?
That is the idea of keeping the barrel at 16+, so it could be use in a handgun or rifle. Also the selection of barreled actions in the sub 16" length range are very limited.

The firearm wouldn't serve any special purpose other than range toy use.

For rifle caliber handgun a contender or encore is my choice. Any legal issues have already been addressed by the ATF over a decade ago. Changing it to a carbine/rifle is easy.

Christensen Arms makes a Rem 700 pistol as well. I just bought one in 308 with the intention to sbr it.

@arakboss shoot me a message if you're interested in a pistol chassis. I pulled the barreled action from this one as soon as I got it home. And it's going up for sale.

1000002148.jpg

XP-100s are fun to shoot….for what they are. The practicality of a bolt action pistol always intrigued me. No real reason for it but they live on my radar as a fun gun want. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top