JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't advise making gun deals in the lot of an FFL holder like Fisherman's. Firearms transactions at their place of business are supposed to take place in their place of business and on the books. Nothing would likely happen but I guarantee if you ask them they will not want you doing it.

Home depot has large well lit lots. Safeway, Albertson's, etc. have large well lit lots. If you go toward the end of the lot then you won't likely cause much excitement but don't go fretting about doing something perfectly legal.

Correct. It is actually a crime in most states to complete a non-FFL transaction on the premises of a licensed FFL. This is something a lot of websites fail to mention since the laws usually lie outside of standard firearms laws. If the store catches you they usually will call the cops and you could be in some serious hot water. A gun dealer I know had this issue and called on someone who was selling guns in his parking lot and the guy got hit pretty hard.

Correct. It is actually a crime in most states to complete a non-FFL transaction on the premises of a licensed FFL. This is something a lot of websites fail to mention since the laws usually lie outside of standard firearms laws. If the store catches you they usually will call the cops and you could be in some serious hot water. A gun dealer I know had this issue and called on someone who was selling guns in his parking lot and the guy got hit pretty hard.

I'm of the same opinion. What we must realize is a gun store has more than 25 guns for sale putting that property potentially under specific BATF regulation.

As Coctailer had mentioned the police dept parking lot. I have done two deals now in the SE precinct parking lot. Logically you would not P/U the gun and start waving it around but I recommend that you don't do that anywhere.

I personally try to do them at the home of the seller or at my business. In fact anyone who wants to do a FTF deal can always park in front of my bar and do the deal. I promise not to call the cops. :)

Already been said.. parking lots with a lot of visibility.

Recommend you do not go there thinking you are doing something wrong or sneaky. Your thoughts turn into sub conscious actions and you will physically display like you are hiding something like a drug dealer. Go there like this is an every day occurrence and you are exercising your God given right.

Don't flash it around the parking lot sighting in on light posts, that could draw some unwanted attention and do wear a smile, dress decent, comb your hair and brush your teeth.

SF-

+1

Also if it's convenient for both parties am willing to do the transaction at my home. Have done this at mine and also at another person's home as well.

Almost did a private transaction once in the parking lot of Wades (local gunshop and range) both the seller and I thought it would make a great place to meet FTF, well while inspecting the gun 3 store employees came out of the store and informed us that what we were doing was illegal and started throwin those four letters around ( B,A,T, and F). well needless to say we left pretty quick. Felt like a complete idiot for doing this and did end up learning a pretty good lesson. Don't do a private sale in or around a licensed FFL ( unless your transferring the weapon)

Ha! I just did this same thing in that same parking lot. We didn't transfer anything but a customer came out and said, "Hey, what are you doing- you can't do that here".. It looked like he was writing something down or dialing numbers as we left. It was suggested to me and I thought it would be a safe place with cameras etc... It's not like we had a gun out waving it around either. I guess it makes since: if there is a transaction happening at their place they would want a piece of it.... Anyhow, I know not to do that again. :s0131:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top