JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Given the amount of FTF transactions taking place here, tell us some good suggestions for meeting places. I prefer gun clubs/ranges such as Tri-County in Sherwood, but there aren't that many of them.

The ideal location would be public, well-lit, have enough space so that the firearms could be inspected easily, and not attract a lot of scared bystanders who would call the police. I know that FTF deals take place in the trunk of a car in a McDonald's parking lot sometimes, but that's hardly ideal.

Any thoughts? Specific locations would great.

I don't advise making gun deals in the lot of an FFL holder like Fisherman's. Firearms transactions at their place of business are supposed to take place in their place of business and on the books. Nothing would likely happen but I guarantee if you ask them they will not want you doing it.

Home depot has large well lit lots. Safeway, Albertson's, etc. have large well lit lots. If you go toward the end of the lot then you won't likely cause much excitement but don't go fretting about doing something perfectly legal.

I don't advise making gun deals in the lot of an FFL holder like Fisherman's. Firearms transactions at their place of business are supposed to take place in their place of business and on the books. Nothing would likely happen but I guarantee if you ask them they will not want you doing it.

Home depot has large well lit lots. Safeway, Albertson's, etc. have large well lit lots. If you go toward the end of the lot then you won't likely cause much excitement but don't go fretting about doing something perfectly legal.

I hear what you are saying but i do not think is not 'their' parking lot. It is a large mall, they are just one of the businesses there. My point is just that is a pretty friendly place to do it because people are more used to seeing guns around there, especially the shoppers going in and out of Fisherman's, than they are at a normal department store parking lot. When i have done it there, the people walking by usually see our guns right out in the open and don't think anything of it. I can't say that in most other places. But, hey what do i know.... maybe I have just been lucky?:cool:

Almost did a private transaction once in the parking lot of Wades (local gunshop and range) both the seller and I thought it would make a great place to meet FTF, well while inspecting the gun 3 store employees came out of the store and informed us that what we were doing was illegal and started throwin those four letters around ( B,A,T, and F). well needless to say we left pretty quick. Felt like a complete idiot for doing this and did end up learning a pretty good lesson. Don't do a private sale in or around a licensed FFL ( unless your transferring the weapon)

I didn't know that. I assumed because of the FFL you would be required to legally transfer all weapons you bought to yourself. Good to know though. Thanks!

Fred Meyers, Home Depot, Wal-Mart, K-Mart.....you get the idea. We have always sat in my car and inspected the guns. To be honest, I don't do a full inspection like I was buying from the dealer, and I deal with people on the site I trust. Usually pictures and the sellers word are enough for me, + a quick look before the money changes hands.

Fred Meyers, Home Depot, Wal-Mart, K-Mart.....you get the idea. We have always sat in my car and inspected the guns. To be honest, I don't do a full inspection like I was buying from the dealer, and I deal with people on the site I trust. Usually pictures and the sellers word are enough for me, + a quick look before the money changes hands.

+1

What's wrong with inside your bank? They have lots of places to sit undisturbed, lots of security, and they're certainly polite to their customers. The only precaution that I'd take would be to field-strip it before taking it out of the shopping bag or whatever, so that I could look at each piece carefully without waving around a gun. I couldn't imagine buying a used weapon without at least checking to see that the numbers match.

What's wrong with inside your bank? They have lots of places to sit undisturbed, lots of security, and they're certainly polite to their customers. The only precaution that I'd take would be to field-strip it before taking it out of the shopping bag or whatever, so that I could look at each piece carefully without waving around a gun. I couldn't imagine buying a used weapon without at least checking to see that the numbers match.

this is a joke, right?

Already been said.. parking lots with a lot of visibility.

Recommend you do not go there thinking you are doing something wrong or sneaky. Your thoughts turn into sub conscious actions and you will physically display like you are hiding something like a drug dealer. Go there like this is an every day occurrence and you are exercising your God given right.

Don't flash it around the parking lot sighting in on light posts, that could draw some unwanted attention and do wear a smile, dress decent, comb your hair and brush your teeth.

SF-

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads